Paid Acquisition Specialist (SEM) at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As the SEM Paid Acq Specialist, you will join Marketing’s Acquisition team responsible for driving new client growth, alongside a dedicated search team, paid acq counterparts, and an agency. In this role, you will be spearheading a robust, high impact new product initiative with aggressive revenue goals.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy and expansion efforts of a new product category initiative in SEM
- Support day-to-day execution to include campaign setup, keyword development, bidding, budgets, ad copy creation & testing, account restructuring, audit & QA
- Build and execute on a testing roadmap for new keywords, ad copy and landing pages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as data science, product, and engineering on key paid search projects
- Be the PPC subject matter expert for key product & landing page decisions
- 3+ years of hands-on SEM campaign management, with strong proficiency in Google & Bing Ads
- Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills to track performance metrics and make actionable recommendations
- Expertise in audience targeting and remarketing tactics
- Experience in revenue and/or conversion based bid strategy with strong grasp of business KPIs
- Experience collaborating with Engineering teams to improve SEM processes via programmatic management
- Proven testing vigor with creative, landing pages, bid strategies, incrementality, etc
- Cross-channel experience across Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube/GDN
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.