Paid & Digital Marketing Manager
Are you an insatiable learner that loves to dig through details, always seeking to find the best solutions? Sprout Social is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Strategist to join our acquisition marketing team. The acquisition marketing team is responsible for driving inbound trials and leads to our site through paid marketing and organic digital marketing channels. Acting as our performance marketing expert, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our paid search accounts as well as other paid marketing initiatives. In this role, you’ll have a material impact on a fast growing business and will help contribute to our top of the funnel marketing goals. You will partner with multiple cross-functional teams including but not limited to design, developers, sales and marketing operations.
We are looking for someone who has been directly responsible for managing paid marketing in a B2B SaaS environment. You have worked with a large sales team and understand the SaaS sales funnel. You use AdWords and Paid Social Platforms regularly and have experience managing both domestic & international paid marketing initiatives. In addition, you’re able to leverage web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics) and CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce) to make data-driven optimizations.
Sprout Social is used by more than 20,000 customers worldwide. Companies including Evernote, GrubHub, Subaru and Edelman rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Minimum of 3+ years of paid marketing experience
- Proficient in Google AdWords, Microsoft Ads, Google Analytics
- Ability to develop and execute Paid Search (PPC) tactics & strategies
- Experienced with conversion rate optimization and A/B Testing
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with key partners in marketing and design and get to know everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups
- Familiarize yourself with the acquisition team goals
- Get access to all channels and become familiar with accounts
- Begin to understand the historical performance of all paid channels
Within 3 months, you will...
- Understand conversion and subscription metrics and become familiar with Salesforce and how to report on these metrics.
- Fully comprehend paid campaign organization & naming conventions
- Report on spend, traffic and conversion metrics
- Successfully launch multiple campaigns across all paid channels
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have full knowledge of Salesforce reporting and nuances
- Leverage Google Analytics, Google keyword planner, search query reports, Pardot to expand or remove unwanted traffic.
- Be confident in managing and optimizing subscription metrics
- Independently own Google/Bing search account, performance reporting and make/implement recommendations
Within 12 months, you will…
- Perform campaign audits to understand changes in our customer behavior
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to improve entire customer journey throughout the marketing funnel
- Work with sales to understand their road map and where we can help facilitate growth
- Understand where to prioritize efforts to make the most impact in the marketing funnel
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!