Paid Search Specialist
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
- Plan, develop and implement paid search engine marketing (SEM) strategy & campaigns, working with Brand partners and other eCommerce channel owners to deliver store traffic and ecommerce order goals.
- Write PPC ads and landing page copy that drive eCom grocery delivery orders and Brand Partner store visits.
- Fully own paid search optimization and ROI maximization for all digital and eCommerce activity for Ahold Delhaize US Brands.
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research for campaign and content development that optimize pay per click campaigns (PPC).
- Partner with SEO & Analytics teams to share insights and understand how non-Paid influences paid performance.
- Identify and report on key PPC KPIs.
- Partner with content creators to ensure campaign’s support seasonal efforts, drive customer acquisition/retention, and improve performance.
- Monitor, clickthrough rate, (CTR), bounce rate, revenue, Cost Per Order (CPO) and other KPIs on daily / weekly basis; prepare and present reports regularly with clear recommendations
- Create an A/B testing roadmap, collaborate with product, marketing and digital merchandising team calendars, to execute strategies and report on results
- Identify our buyer persona and align campaigns to better target identified audiences, increase conversions, efficiencies and sales
- Quickly identify poor performers, remove them from campaigns and provide alternate approaches to achieve order goals
- Suggest improvements for process and productivity optimization
- Stay up to date with the latest SEM / digital marketing trends and best practices
- Ensure all campaigns run efficiently, on-schedule, within budget, while maintaining strong communication across teams and stakeholders with progress
- Manage SEM agency relationships as required
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 5-7 years of experience as Paid Search Marketing Specialist or similar role
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing methods
- Strong understanding of marketing technology capabilities and the ability to leverage them
- Very proficient with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Google AdWords & Bing Ads certified preferred but not required
- Experience with automated bid platforms such as Google Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, & Marin
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office knowledge - strong in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Knowledge of SEM strategies and tactics required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to engage and influence teams
- Program/Project management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Strong relationship building, communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic Planning
- Strong customer orientation
- Purpose and results-driven aptitude with an ability to accomplish tasks on deadlines
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress - our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.