Performance Marketing Lead
At the Catch Company, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors and connect them one of America’s largest sporting industries: fishing. Our approach is built on 4 pillars:
- Digital first
- Brand matters (a lot)
- Go vertical (we make many of the products we feature)
- Data, data, data
Using these pillars, we’re building a premier digital shopping experience that introduces anglers to the best new gear and lifestyle apparel and we are looking for exceptionally talented people to help make that vision a reality. In addition to being talented, our team members are honest, curious, take action and always seek to leave things better than they found them. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
The Catch Company is looking for a Customer Acquisition lead to work closely with our digital product team, data team and Chief Revenue Officer to introduce new customers to Catch Co.’s many products and services.
What you will do:
- Manage a $5M budget across various customer acquisition strategies and brand-focused campaigns
- Manage and improve digital direct response customer acquisition strategies on Facebook, Google AdWords, Instagram, YouTube, etc. for our subscription business
- Improve SEO for Catch Co. content
- Collaborate with content team to work with and continue developing our influencer portfolio
- Launch similar strategies for a soon-to-be-launched ecommerce store
- Selectively allocate spend to non-direct response brand marketing
- Research and test new features offered by Facebook and other direct response platforms
- Test and, if successful, scale new customer acquisition channels, including offline channels
- Work with data team to segment potential customers and craft campaigns/promotions to target to specific segments
- Shift from executing as an individual contributor in the early going to recruiting and executing through a stellar team over your first 1-2 year
What will make you successful:
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Data-driven mindset
What makes this a special opportunity:
- You will have a very strong, direct impact on company growth
- You will report directly to Catch Co.’s c-level team
- You will have the opportunity to build a high performing team
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- We are based in Chicago’s West Loop (one of the best restaurant neighborhoods in the world), with easy access to all major public transportation systems
- 5 – 8 years in digital paid acquisition (e.g., Facebook, AdWords, YouTube), lead-generation, and conversion rate optimization, preferably in an e-commerce/brand-centric environment
- Experience using data sources and UTM tagging to make data-driven campaign optimization and strategy decisions
- Fluency in Looker, Domo, Tableau or a comparable BI platform
- An understanding of A/B testing-based strategies
- Proven ability to hire exceptional talent and manage a high-performing team
- Experience in offline customer acquisition (e.g., direct mail, radio, TV) a plus
- Experience in CRM and email marketing a plus
- Competitive Medical Dental and Vision insurance.
- Ability to work from home.
- Flexible working hours.
- "Take what you need" vacation policy.