We’re looking for a motivated, energetic, and organized music lover who wants to gain PR experience in a fast-paced environment this summer. As PR/Communications Intern, you’ll be a crucial part of the Reverb marketing team, working alongside our PR & Communications Manager to help tell the Reverb story. You’ll get hands-on experience in media relations, thought leadership, executive positioning, creative writing, and more. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with a knack for creativity and a passion for writing.
*Please submit writing samples with your cover letter.
- Work closely with PR & Communications Manager to execute on Reverb’s PR strategy.
- Evaluate proactive and reactive media opportunities.
- Research journalists, media outlets, and influencers.
- Create briefing documents and other prep materials for media interviews.
- Brainstorm story ideas and draft media pitches.
- Evaluate speaking, award, and other opportunities.
- Draft copy for PR/communications collateral.
- Monitor for Reverb media coverage and assist with results reports.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry news.
- Strong writing skills; Examples of past work required.
- Passion for storytelling and staying up-to-date on the news.
- Experience and/or strong interest in research and data.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills through past projects, jobs, or internships.
- Extreme organization skills.
- Experience in media relations or at a publication is a plus.
- Studying PR, strategic communications, marketing, journalism or related field.