PR Manager at Wipfli
We are looking for an extraordinary PR manager: one that is driven to succeed, sees stories in the details, loves working with a growing firm, can collaborate with a dynamic team and is passionate about sharing Wipfli's story with the world.
We think Wipfli is one of the least-known names in the consulting industry. We want you to change that.
As the PR manager, you will help develop, coordinate and execute media relations strategies - working with leading agencies - for Wipfli, Wipfli Financial Advisors and Wipfli Corporate Finance.
Our culture is steeped in curiosity, collaboration and creativity. We are more than 2,900 designers, analysts, developers, accountants, litigators, cybersecurity guardians, management gurus, marketing innovators and tech accelerators who are helping businesses and nonprofits change the world. And each of us digs to find unique solutions to help our clients achieve their biggest goals.
You will never not find a story worth telling at Wipfli.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
- Own our PR strategy: You will support the development and direct the execution of our firm's media relations and brand strategy, working closely with firm leadership and our industry and service line leaders.
- Manage agency relationships: You will oversee our agency relationships, directing their work and holding them accountable for achieving the goals you set.
- Augment traditional media strategy: You will use your knowledge of CISION, PRNewswire, BusinessWire, HAROs and Sprout (and all that will be invented tomorrow) to lift reach and performance for our content.
- Growing our brand awareness: You will focus on building our media profile throughout the United States to support our firm's growth and associate recruiting efforts.
- Managing existing media relationships: You will establish rapport with key media contacts and evaluate and develop new media relationships through proactive outreach.
- Respond to incoming media requests: You will reply to media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant experts.
- Proactively identify trends: You will know how to spot trends and can confidently pitch ideas to support firmwide positioning and direct agencies on industry or service line specific topics.
- Collaborate to create engaging content: You will work closely with our content team to develop press releases, contributed articles, eye-grabbing thought leadership and social media posts to elevate our leaders and amplify our brand message.
- Develop and report on KPIs: You will be responsible to coordinating, tracking, compiling and reporting on KPIs among agencies and your own firmwide media metrics to measure our performance.
- Collaborate with internal communications: You will work with our internal communications team to promote our media successes to our teams and amplify pride in our firm.
- Collaborate on executive positioning: You will work with our executive strategy and communications team for our top leaders with respect to effective media outreach and its integration with corporate risks and opportunities, including those affecting reputation, member relations and stakeholder engagements.
- Crisis communications: You will handle crisis communications strategies and execution if the need arises.
- Generate innovative ideas: You will bring creative and proactive ideas to elevate our brand, taking us past outdated models and creating new avenues to raise our profile.
- Media coaching: You will provide guidance and coaching on effective media interaction with the media as needed for our leaders.
Education and experience:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in media relations or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Proven omnichannel PR experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in media relations; B2B experience preferred.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Excellent collaboration and coaching experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
You are our ideal candidate if you are:
- A relationship builder who is highly collaborative with a strong desire to help others succeed.
- Analytical and fearless in asking questions.
- An empathetic listener who hears nuances in conversations.
- Equally strategic and creative.
- Able to develop short- and long-term goals - and achieve them.
- Able to coach, collaborate, influence and build consensus - and know how to use each to execute.
- Flexible to adapt to the changing marketplace and grow with our firm.
- Able to think on multiple levels and able to draw out stories across a wide range of industries and services.
- Able to react rapidly but with intention.
- Self-directed and not afraid to take the initiative to challenge old-thinking and prioritize multiple projects.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.