Principal Digital Marketing Strategist at Discover (Chicago, IL)
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Discover is seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist to lead website optimization including the development and implementation of a testing agenda for all Discover Deposit Products' public facing pages and campaign landing pages. This role will manage the planning, coordination and execution of website updates and user experience optimizations. You will be responsible for providing recommendations for new tests based on cross-functional collaboration, analytics, and consumer research. You will then support the development of web updates/tests, which could include getting legal approval, partnering with technical teams, and any other executional work required to support the implementation of these updates.
This role requires collaboration with internal cross-functional teams such as Marketing Analytics, Direct Marketing Campaign Teams, eBusiness Email Strategy, Site & Mobile Marketing, Production Services, Legal & Compliance and external agencies to ensure accurate implementation of optimizations, tests structure, and segmentation.
- In adherence with company policy, coordinates closely with the Operations, Technology and Law & Compliance teams to define processes, training, communications, and controls. Defines and publishes digital standards and guidelines.
- Partner with technical teams to implement website changes, including thorough testing of new web updates.
- Proactively communicate status, action items, issues and risks to project stakeholders.
- Partner with campaign managers to develop and implement an integrated creative testing roadmap across audiences, products and channels that is continuously evolving based on test results.
- Collaborate with channel experts and external agencies to optimize test plan across different products and landing pages.
- Work with Analytics team to optimize targeting and segmentation to maximize exposure to high potential audiences and inform messaging strategies.
- Monitor test results, identifies drivers and opportunities within campaigns and channels.
- Responsible for test ideation and implementation, including agency briefing, obtaining Legal/Compliance approval of creative and targeting strategies, and accurate test set-up and reporting.
- Lead project requirements capture with cross-functional business partners, with an emphasis on efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with business partners, internal and external creative agencies to create a consistent brand feel and ensure channel best practices are implemented across the website.
- Manage project timelines and adhere to processes to ensure web updates are deployed on time.
- Ensure all website updates are in compliance with channel controls & adhere to Discover's governance requirements.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related
- 2+ years of experience in people management
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $86,500.00 to $145,700.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com .
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)