Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Lead analysis which identifies new opportunities on a website’s technical construction which will enable Google to crawl it better.
- Keep up with new developments and technical improvements for Page Experience that will benefit SEO growth.
- Establish processes for technical audits of our sites, with periodic review.
- Leverage tools like Page Speed Insights, Lighthouse, Schema Validator to ensure our sites are world class, benchmarked against competitors.
- Analyzes, reviews and implements changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines. This means maximizing the traffic to a site by improving page rank within search engines. Ideal candidate will be a problem solver and decision maker, with the ability to prioritize and develop relevant and engaging content.
- The role of a search engine optimization (SEO) specialist is ever-changing, as the trends and algorithms of online search constantly evolve, so, it is important for an SEO Specialist to be able to think on their feet and stay ahead of these changes.
- Be willing to keep abreast of industry innovations and trends.
- Develop quality content as well as technical insight to optimize the website for search engines.
How You’ll Do It
- Lead and develop on page and technical SEO strategies to drive significant increases in organic search traffic to the site resulting in measurable growth across all relevant KPIs
- Work closely with other business areas and site experience teams to optimize web pages and site architecture for SEO
- Provide performance based forecasts and report against goals
- Proactive ideation, addressing key SEO focus areas – site speed, caching, keyword rank & expansion, content gap and competitive analysis
- Build foundational relationships across key stakeholders including CRO, UX, technology, paid search and product teams
- Manage individual contributors and department projects. Manage vendors, billing, contracts and budgets
- Create opportunities for search by optimizing web pages for mobile experience and site speed
- Provide analysis & SEO recommendations to the editorial & content marketing teams
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or Business
- 6+ years’ experience with Digital marketing, UX, paid search, display, content marketing or related
- 2+ years SEO
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Digital marketing, UX, paid search, display, content marketing or related including SEO Experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- 1+ years’ of People Management experience
- HTML with a focus on key SEO elements such as Canonicals, Schema implementation, Meta Robots instructions, etc.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.