Process Improvement Sr Analyst
Marketing Operations Sr. Analyst
Drive overall Marketing department efficiency by delivering regular insights on operational performance and by leading a diverse range of business process improvement projects. Bring critical left-brain thinking into a right-brain dominant department. Build and leverage relationships with Marketing People Leaders to identify areas for improvement. Partner with other Marketing Operations roles, and then lead projects to optimize the data, processes, and systems to make the Marketing engine as efficient as possible. Define, scope, and lead the development of operational analytics and process development across 100+ associates in a wide variety of marketing related roles and across a significant number of systems (Aprimo, SharePoint, Step, Adobe, and various other marketing tools).
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define, scope, and lead the development of an analytical toolbox that focuses on key operational measures such as project on-time delivery, process cycle time & efficiency, capacity management, and allocation of resources vs. key business initiatives.
- Data mine, structure, and standardize information in order to establish operational controls and proactively identify key areas of opportunities. Partner directly with ES to create new operational data sources within Teradata
- Lead process improvement initiatives by relying on formal process improvement methodologies like DMAIC & DMEDI. Regularly lead a team of subject matter experts to address root causes of the pain and deliver sustainable solutions
- Drive the expansion of self-service analytics, particularly Tableau data visualizations, in order to better equip and inform our People Leaders of their operational performance
- Engage monthly with leadership to drive operational insights, discuss recent trends, identify root causes of under-performance, and understand key contributors towards success. Build strong working relationships with each of the Marketing People Leaders. Translate the pain points they identify into opportunities for process improvement and development of new analytics tools.
- Provide operational consultation to Marketing leadership. Establish a deep understanding of the available data sources in order to quickly answer their queries and inform their decisions.
- Partner with Marketing Systems team to help optimize marketing tools and marketing processes.
- Create and maintain a key marketing process resource center. Make operational data, business processes, and existing tools accessible and sustainable so they become engrained across the Marketing department.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- 5-7 hands on experience analyzing business performance at a macro and micro level
- BA in a business analytics focused field such as accounting, finance, or economics. MBA preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- You are formally trained in defined process improvement methodologies and tools, and you have successfully led multiple process improvement projects.
- You have experience applying process improvement tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, SIPOC, AHP, Pugh Matrix, Process Efficiency, Cause and Effect diagrams, Benefit & Effort matrices, Control Charts, and Pareto Charts
- You are a good communicator, a proven problem solver, and a critical thinker
- You are a collaborator and a consensus builder
- You have the ability to persuade, influence, & lead others in an environment where you do not have formal authority.
- You adapt and understand technology, systems, and processes quickly
- You are a data-viz wiz. You bring a passion for visually communicating complex findings to make them more consumable to a non-analytics audience.
- You are an expert in designing analysis through tools such as Tableau, Excel, Access, PowerPivot, and Business Objects.
- You can create scalable approaches which extract key insights from data sets that may not be readily available in a standard reporting environment
- You have experience in using analytic tools such as regression models, ANOVA, hypothesis testing, measurement systems analysis
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.