Product Manager, Digital Marketing
The Product Manager, Digital Marketing is responsible for driving traffic and orders in the Florist Online Division. You will act as the subject matter expert and administrator for a variety of online marketing and analytics tools. You must have expertise in driving online traffic and order volume, developing detailed plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines. You must be Google Analytics certified and have experience with enterprise-level analytics tools, preferably Adobe Analytics. You will also drive the development and release of new products and features for the Florist Online Division. You will maintain pertinent knowledge regarding customer needs and perspectives.
The Product Manager, Digital Marketing will identify opportunities, recommend new products and strategies and lead the implementation of new products and services. You will define product specs, ensure that cross-company approvals are obtained, and then manage the product's creation, development, and execution. You will guide cross-functional teams through each step of development and beyond the evolution of the new and existing products. Finally, the Product Manager will manage all analytics for the Florist Online Division.
- Increase traffic and order volume by "owning" marketing campaigns including:
- Ecommerce site optimization
- Local Directory Marketing
- FTD Directories
- Cart Abandonment
- Partner Sites
- Online Rating Service
- New services as developed
- Support other FOL staff including Pay-Per-Click, Email, Support and the field team
- Act as analytics lead using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and other tools
- Maintain an analytics 'report card' for each service
- Manage day-to-day relations with vendors and other FTD departments
- Identify new e-commerce opportunities, recommend new products
- Lead implementation of new products and services
- Help develop detailed strategies and roadmaps for the FOL platform
- Compose detailed requirements documents
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute on requirements
- Write and manage project plans
- Drive cross-functional team deliverables and schedules
- Help provide a vision for where this business will evolve
- Maintain educational materials and product documentation
- Work appropriately on special projects related to Online Services
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, results-oriented, detail-oriented individual with at least 5 years of online marketing and/or web product development experience, with at least 2 years in an online marketing role.
Critical for success is a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, building and managing online marketing tools and delivering results. The candidate should be familiar with all aspects of online marketing, standard software project, and project management concepts, practices, and procedures and should understand basic technology behind Internet protocols and consumer services. Familiarity with metrics, operations, and the complete product lifecycle (e.g. requirements through QA) is required.
You must possess expertise in both written and interpersonal communication, in relationship building and in collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience. Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail are a must, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic and energetic environment.
- 5 years of experience in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- 2 yrs. in an Online Product Management/Marketing role
- Google Analytics certification required
- Experience with online ratings, local directory and partner site marketing
- Successful tracking record in an e-commerce site optimization
- Familiarity with SEO, PPC and email marketing preferred
- Familiarity with mobile commerce and marketing
- Highly organized, detail-orientated and task-oriented
- Outstanding team player
- Experience in driving projects from requirements through launch
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting at all levels of the organization
- Experience with enterprise web analytics tools required, preferably Adobe Analytics
- Experience with Adobe or Google Tag Manager preferred
- Familiarity with dashboard and business intelligence platforms preferred
- Experience developing & managing product plans across the entire product lifecycle
- Understanding of emerging platforms such as mobile commerce/advertising
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple constituents & responsibilities
- Strong prioritization capabilities such as analyzing levels of urgency, dependencies, etc.
Reporting to: Timm McIntyre
Location: Downers Grove