Product Marketing Consultant
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The product marketing consultant will be focused on helping ShopRunner deliver great products to our customers and create a plan for how to do so at scale. This will be a 12-week engagement.
This includes working with product and engineering early in the development process to align on product/market fit, and also collaborating across marketing, support and sales teams to make sure the world knows about these new products and features. This person will work closely with product management to define and quantify the market opportunity, pricing and packaging, value proposition and positioning for our Enterprise products. This person will lead the creation of foundational launch materials such as messaging, demos and other sales support materials.
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Recommend what product marketing as a function should look like at ShopRunner, and recommend how we resource the function
- Work with Enterprise Product team and executive management to create the high-level story arc on product portfolio
- For our key products:
- Create master deck for Sales and Partner Success team to use when pitching our products
- Create one-page documents to be shared as needed with prospects and partners, and included on our Partner Developer Wiki
- Create a sales and account marketing enablement document and process. The document should contain details on what the product is, why the partner will benefit, what the work required is to implement, any case study details resulting from live partners, and FAQ
ABOUT WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Consultant to join the team full-time for 12 weeks
- 5+ years of experience in B2B product marketing (eCommerce experience is plus)
- Strong Communication Skills. You can distill complex information into actionable insights for diverse audiences. You are adept at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Cross-Functional Player. You can work with diverse stakeholders to understand requirements, set expectations, and report progress. You are excited to collaborate with various team members from product managers to sales professionals.
- Bias for Action. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen.
- Enthusiasm. You are excited about working in a startup environment but are unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.