Product Marketing Manager
Hello, we’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager
As our first Product Marketing Manager, you will own and help define the product marketing function at Built In. You’ll help develop product positioning, key messaging, internal training and rollout of all new Built In products to our clients and users.
How you’ll contribute
- Plan and execute B2B and B2C product releases—taking the lead from start to finish.
- Interact day-to-day with internal teams including product management, marketing, sales, creative, account management and others to communicate key information
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to develop go-to-market strategy and contribute to marketing launches both tactically and in a project management capacity
- Collaborate with various teams to deliver creative product storytelling that supports our brand story and positioning.
- Own quarterly client updates
What you need
- 1+ year of B2B product marketing experience
- 3+ years of product marketing experience
- 5+ total years of experience in marketing functions
- Demonstrated product marketing experience within technology, SaaS or marketplaces including crafting messaging and positioning for storytelling
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.