Product Marketing Specialist
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
PRODUCT MARKETING SPECIALIST
Over the last year, the Braintree marketing team has grown significantly and has had the privilege of shaping & telling the Braintree brand story to next generation businesses all around the world.
Reporting into the Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM), the Product Marketing Specialist is responsible for working directly with our global product, sales, business development, ops, and marketing teams to help nurture and empower our customer's ongoing success with Braintree’s payment processing offerings. The Product Marketing Specialist works closely across Braintree and PayPal organizations to help the Sr. PMM translate the product vision and drive delivery of product innovation to market. The successful candidate is a quick learner with a keen interest in next-gen technology, and experience with go-to-market strategy.
- Developing and supporting GTM plans that support our payments products, research, and optimization plans, bringing rich insights to the product team to inform product strategy.
- Working cross-functionally with marketing, ops, product and content organizations to bring new products to market; developing key narratives and messaging to enhance knowledge and satisfaction with our offerings.
- Helping to lead change, evolution, and sustained growth to deepen engagement and drive customer success on our platform.
- Acting as point of contact with PayPal global product marketing organization, ensuring consistent, clear communication and a collaborative spirit for sales tool creation and developer activities.
- Supporting inbound and outbound product marketing efforts for the assigned product portfolio - acting as a subject matter expert on the customer, the product and the category
- 3+ years in a technology-focused Product or Product Marketing role required
- 2+ years demonstrated product marketing experience crafting GTM plans, creative briefs, managing the creative process, channel optimization, A/B testing, reporting on results and KPIs
- Proven experience successfully crafting strategy, positioning, messaging and launch for technology products required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment that includes sales, product, engineering, and marketing to define and execute go to market plans for next generation products
- Experience gathering competitive, industry shifts, emerging markets and category information to stay up to date, drive future growth, and synthesize findings across team
- Any combination of the following - b2b, b2b2c, platform and/or ingredient brand technology experience
- Passionate about technology, commerce, research and customers in an effort to distill pertinent product information with complex and highly technical details to internal and external audiences.
- Nice to have: Direct experience in the payments ecosystem, experience in either payments, commerce, or financial technology desired
- Strong communicator - Ability to persuade through written, verbal and presentation communications
- Team player with outstanding follow-through and sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- 10% travel between corporate locations (SF,SJ)
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!