Public Relations Associate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we find plenty of reasons to celebrate -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day and more!
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowner with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are looking for a communications connoisseur – verbal or written, you love the waltz. Your attention to detail is unmatched and thirst for knowledge is never quenched by just some simple research. You’re a wordsmithing wrangler and whether it’s a corporate message, press release or engaging blog or social media post, you can make it fun, exciting and engaging. You’re a natural researcher who loves to identify opportunities – curiosity never killed you or your cat. You have a ten-track mind and love switching tracks mid-stream. If this is you, come wow us with your words! There’s lots to do around here and we need some help.
So what do we want from you?
We’re just going to give it to you straight.
- You are media savvy and comfortable chatting up all types of media, pitching stories and getting national and local media placements in top tier publications.
- You’re an innovative and engaging relationship builder – people just like you.
- You can curate all kinds of PR material in a single bound – yeah, you wear a PR writing cape!
- Research and media list building – you can do it in your sleep.
- You’ve used Cision or Meltwater PR softwares and can pop a release on the wire, meet any deadline and create benchmarking reports.
- Have SEO knowledge? Great! If not, that’s ok too – we’ll teach you.
- Create content for blog posts and social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Write press releases, pitches and fact sheets.
- Build PowerPoint presentations for media training and speaking engagements.
- Manage a speaking and awards calendar – meeting deadlines and staying organized is key to your success.
- Ghostwrite comments for executives and media train loan originators.
- Not interested in just pitching news but creating it. You excel at finding stories where they may not be obvious. Going out-of-the-box to work with reporters from all over the country to support our regional teams of originators will be key.
- We’re always growing! Making sure our new hires are feeling the PR love by announcements of new hires and new branch openings in local media will be part of the role.
- Manage content for BuiltIn Chicago and ITA.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- We love our educated team players, so a degree in public relations or journalism would be wonderful; but if you have experience, come wow us with your knowledge of AP Style. We’d like 3-5 years of experience in either an agency or corporate setting. Or, a mixture of both will do!
- Big ups if you have experience in finance, banking or real estate. Not a deal killer, but it would be cool.
- Project management and organizational skills are a must – juggling skills will help too.
- Don’t make us say it - it’s the 21st Century! You should know Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging newsroom-like environment.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.