Sprout Social’s growing Sales Enablement team is looking for a highly driven, strategic, and thoughtful Specialist to drive our Sales Content and Communications efforts. This role will be expected to create and manage buyer-facing sales content for the entire sales organization, and manage the flow of communications to the sales organization to ensure that information is delivered in the most impactful way possible.
Our ideal candidate truly understands the role that Sales Enablement plays as the connective tissue between Sales, Marketing and Product and has a track record of successfully working cross-collaboratively between those teams. You have a strong understanding of (and familiarity with) the B2B sales process while also demonstrating exceptional communication and writing skills. In addition, you have experience and confidence in creating and tracking core KPIs to measure the success of your efforts.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Sales Enablement and have the opportunity to interact with a variety of teams including Sales, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Market Strategy and Product Management. This role is equal parts strategy and execution.
You will be responsible for making sure our Sales and Customer Success teams are equipped with the most effective resources to clearly communicate our company’s positioning and unique value propositions. This includes creating customer-facing sales content that helps our sales team communicate how we solve problems for our customers. You will also ensure that information is communicated in an effective manner to the Sales and Customer Success organizations through internal channels like the sales newsletter, Slack announcements, and the Sales Wiki page.
You aren’t afraid of speaking in public (or creating informational videos) to convey your ideas and train the sales organization on best practices in leveraging your content. You are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis to the degree that you can effectively track and measure sales content and communications consumption. Ideally, you have experience with Showpad, Seismic or other sales content management systems.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2 + years experience with a proven track record in product marketing or sales enablement in the technology industry
- Demonstrated passion for enabling and helping others within the Sales and Customer Success organization
- Experience working with sales leaders and sales representatives in understanding their needs for high quality, effective sales assets
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Previous editorial and content creation experience
- Experience with a sales content management platform like Seismic, Showpad, or Highspot is a plus
- Project management and JIRA (or other project management tool) experience is a plus
Within 1 month, you will...
- Attend Sprout Social onboarding to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Get to know your fellow teammates in the Sales Enablement organization and meet with key stakeholders across Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, Brand Creative, Product, Sales and Customer Success and understand current working relationships
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes
- Begin to learn about how we communicate to the sales organization with our biweekly newsletter, Wiki pages, and Slack announcements
- Begin to learn about Sprout’s broader competitive marketplace to understand Sprout’s core differentiators
- Review existing sales content, collateral and accompanying process/systems
Within 3 months, you will…
- Evaluate existing sales content and content process and identify gaps and challenges
- Understand the taxonomy of how sales content is organized at Sprout and develop a recommendation for further refinement
- Audit existing communications flows within the organization to the sales team and identify opportunities for improvement and consolidation
- Understand Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals (i.e. how we get work done)
- Understand how to utilize Showpad, Sprout’s sales content management system
- Build strong relationships with fellow teammates in Sales Enablement, along with Product Marketing, Brand Creative and Customer Marketing
- Begin defining a core set of sales collateral assets that are broadly applicable to segments of the entire sales organization
- Take over management of the biweekly sales newsletter and developing a communications roadmap for refinement
- Begin fielding requests for sales collateral and determining how those requests would fit into a broder sales content strategy
Within 6 months, you will...
- Develop a go-forward strategy for optimizing and improving sales content and readiness
- Actively participate in Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals including planning and execution of projects and day-to-day activities
- Have an established sales communications structure in place where key stakeholders understand how to communicate with the sales team and work with you on the most effective channels for communication
- Have a content governance structure in place in partnership with Marketing that keeps existing content up to date and that reflects sales needs,and product changes.
- Have established SLAs with Product, Customer, and Acquisition Marketing to support sales content needs relating to launches and campaigns
Within 12 months, you will...
- Fully own sales content management for all customer-facing sales assets at Sprout
- Fully own the governance of communications to the sales team at Sprout
- Have established KPIs and regular analysis/reporting for the effectiveness of sales content and communications and a workflow in place to optimize content and communications around those KPIs
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.