Title: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
Reports to: Director, Industry and Channel Marketing
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL or Chicago, IL
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Manage the day-to-day operations, architecture, and support of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud environment. Development and implementation of all customer-facing emails coding HTML and using email technology tools. Acts as the in-house expert and advocate for Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into a practical, scalable solution leveraging the functionality and best practices of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Independently creating target marketing lists using query building languages, i.e., SQL
- Code all emails in HTML for deployment in SFMC
- Be the SFMC expert and provide a strategy to multiple departments by participating in projects, campaigns, and initiatives to maximize SFMC’s value
- Monitor SFMC’s usage, perform administrator duties including managing user permissions and accessibility, create and manage the distribution of the training library for current employee growth and new hire success and onboarding
- Provide strategy and guidance in building sophisticated customer Journey’s such as Account Opening, Account Usage, and other journeys
- Create a campaign and promotion KPI report for performance and to guide future strategy
- Lead system integration with roadmap initiatives with new brands and programs
- Perform project management duties to meet the customer communication needs of Zoro’s teams
- Stay on top of SFMC’s new releases/features and identifying how they can support the organization’s objectives. Provide updates to internal stakeholders
- Develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs; emails and enhancements to existing applications or purchased Appexchange applications.
- Troubleshoot and support implemented email channel technology applications
- Partner with the Creative Services team and other internal business partners
- Out of the box thinker for solutions and ideas in the email channel
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Hold current Marketing Cloud Administrator and/or Marketing Cloud Consultant certifications
- At least three years of experience managing a Salesforce Marketing Cloud environment (B2B and some B2C) with a deep understanding of various Salesforce Marketing Cloud components and the interconnectedness of those products
- Ability to code HTML emails
- Experience with amp scripting required
- SQL query writing
- Demonstrated track record of enabling repeatable processes, driving advancement in quality, collaborating within a matrixed marketing organization in a responsive and productive manner
- Proven track record of converting strategic thoughts into actions that drive business results
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience in cultivating relationships with key stakeholders across functions and levels to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Use of standard G-Suite programs (Mail, Calendar, Meet), Netsuite and BigQuery
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.