About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As Growth Marketing Manager, SEM you’ll play a key role in growing and shaping the strategic direction of Grubhub’s paid search program. This position is responsible for facilitating growth of Grubhub’s 3-sided network of diners, drivers, and restaurants. The ideal candidate for this role will actively bring new ideas to the table and have the skillset to turn them from concept to reality. You’ll embrace taking risks and challenge the existing approach to develop new methods to take SEM performance to the next level.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Influence the strategic direction of our entire paid search strategy including keyword selection, ad copy creation, overall campaign structure, RLSA strategy and more
- Set financial goals and forecast the budget needed to achieve them
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Collaborate with internal product & analytics teams to streamline reporting, campaign operations & data feeds
- Develop processes for executing and reporting on experiments
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to grow Grubhub’s new customer base across our sites and apps, increase order frequency among existing diners, and support driver and restaurant lead generation efforts
- Coordinate and collaborate on projects with data science/engineering to build automated processes that support Grubhub’s SEM objectives
- Own day to day reporting & optimization strategy
- Perform ongoing keyword expansion efforts, ad copy testing and bidding updates
- Manage relationships with search engine teams, technology providers, agencies, and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on the latest search trends
You Should Have
- 5-7 years experience hands on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts
- Experience managing a team of 2-4 direct reports
- Power user capability in Excel
- A proven track record driving positive results for enterprise level paid search programs
- A strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience with SQL
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Kenshoo, Marin, Adobe Media Optimizer
- Strong communication skills- ability to clearly communicate results, key learning, areas of opportunities for SEM program
- Experience running tests using Google’s drafts and experiments
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
Got these, too? Even better:
- Experience writing Google Ads scripts
- Experience managing paid social ad efforts on Facebook / Instagram
- Google Ads Certification
- Experience using feed management tools
- Experience running app install campaigns
- Familiar building and interpreting cohort analysis
- Experience managing local SEM programs is preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.