Senior Account Director
Lead clients — and their teams — to greatness
In this role, you’ll work in our newly opened Chicago office taking our clients’ complex problems, breaking them down into solvable pieces, and matching them with BSD’s teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome.
- Drive leadership on accounts ensuring you have a clear view of clients’ objectives, set and continue to drive the best delivery to meet their needs and are agile and responsive in changing tasks as required
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered while continually evolving the partnership
- Contribute to the production, delivery and QA of emails, social media content, and web pages
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs managing the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams - facilitating and leading productive conversations
- Have a clear view on BSD’s vision, working closely with new and existing organizations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in tech and digital organizing - inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with clients
- Serve as a senior point of contact for a portfolio of clients, ensure that expectations are set and met, and leverage client satisfaction into future opportunities.
At Blue State Digital, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
The top things we're looking for
- 8+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns and/or advocacy projects designed to mobilize communities or drive behaviour change
- Deep knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics and/or experience in selling and/or delivering email fundraising programs
- Experience in cross channel support for fundraising efforts i.e. social media, mobile, or other digital strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at BSD
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.