Root’s Integrated Marketing team is searching for a Senior Analyst to own research and analytics into emerging marketing channels. You’ll leverage both your analytical and creative skills to reach untapped audience segments and unlock new areas of growth to build an enduring brand. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with highly talented leaders within data science, actuary, finance, and product teams to help us build a world-class marketing team. This is a high impact role where you will own measurement and analysis for multiple marketing channels to help Root grow our customer base more efficiently and profitably. In this role, you'll create compelling stories, drive strategies, uncover new opportunities, and provide recommendations required to define Root’s growth strategy.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only)
What you'll be doing.
- Conduct analyses to enhance marketing efficiency and provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Build dashboards, reports, and alert systems for the ongoing analysis and monitoring of marketing campaigns and activities.
- Design and launch experiments, determine campaign targeting strategies, and develop category-specific KPIs, forecasts, and goals.
- Support Root’s Marketing Analytics Manager in attribution, measurement, incrementality, and data integrity.
- Assist in data management, governance, attribution rules, and data quality with other functional data owners to ensure data integrity across different departments.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support the senior leadership team and proactively conduct investigations when abnormalities are identified.
- Collaborate with the team to launch, manage, and optimize customer acquisition campaigns, defining and owning metrics that capture marketing channel performance and identifying insightful trends.
- Identify new channels to scale while executing new targeting strategies to unlock new customer segments.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
- Mentor junior analysts.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics
- Previous experience supporting digital marketing is preferred but not required
- Advanced skills in SQL with the ability to write complex and optimized queries
- Proficient in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis across multiple KPIs
- Proficiency with R or Python is preferred but not required
- Superior teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills