Senior Community Engagement Manager at NowPow
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s technology platform is a multi-sided, community resource network management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals. The platform helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
The Senior Community Engagement Manager (SCEM) is responsible for developing and implementing strategy to quickly build NowPow community networks and cultivate sustained partner engagement. In collaboration with the Intervention Architect, the Senior Community Engagement Manager deploys NowPow’s network implementation components: source, design, configure, and review/shareback. The result of this work will be high-quality referral partnerships where clients are efficiently connected to services and outcomes are effectively documented.
- Ensure accurate documentation and understanding of planned and existing interventions across geography
- Communicate with Intervention Architect to share any intervention iteration to condition and need algorithms
- Identify and monitor all service types required to be supported across geography
- Lead and direct the development, growth, and strengthening of community relationships to quickly identify and recruit referral partners based on interventions
- Develop, manage and ensure maintenance of CBO pipeline
- Perform ongoing analysis of existing partner referral data to ‘predict’ best-case tracked referral partners
- Foster community awareness building and referral partner recruitment and outreach
- Evaluate and manage referral partner alignment process
- Oversee training, onboarding and user provisioning of CBO partners, including contracting and onboarding logistics as needed
Review and Share
- Provide insights to better use NowPow’s data to tell the story of impact through analytics
- Act as expert on all interventions in assigned geography, assess health of intervention and networks using facts and data
- Monitor referral partner performance and recommend corrective action for network partners
- Share ecosystem reporting and analytics on interventions with relevant customers
- Directly supervise and provide regular feedback to Community Engagement Associates on performance, network development, etc.
- Lead high-level strategies to create customer collaborations to build integrated city-wide referral networks
- Participate in the design of network health and intervention reports and dashboards
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-7 years of related professional experience
- 2 years minimum direct management experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with community-based organizations
- Advanced degree in social work, social science, urban planning, public health, public policy
- Experience managing complex projects with high-level stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills with demonstrated ability to execute against strategy
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization, decision making and analytical skills
- Self-starter, innovator, results-driven with ability to meet both short- and long-term business goals
- Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines and ability to work flexible hours
- Proven problem-solving skills