Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon’s Senior Content Marketing Manager role is a mix of content marketing, sales support, strategic communications, project management and digital marketing savvy. The ideal candidate is a top-tier writer and editor, understands content and inbound marketing, has a track record of being a key dot connector across their organization, and has a passion for “wowing” through content deliverables.
With a keen eye for editorial angles, this role can identify opportunities for content across the business, pitch them with ease (on the fly or in advance), and influence the outcome of the conversation to keep editorial quality at the forefront of the project. This individual has a passion for seeing stories in every conversation, finding the right ones for our audience and telling them in whatever format fits the angle best. This person has a knack for interviewing internal and external stakeholders, asking appropriate but pointed questions and building relationships that help to get the best insights for a piece.
This role is a mix of strategy, planning and editorial execution – the ideal candidate understands the complexities of the adtech/martech landscape and can take content projects from initial concept to completion, managing every step of the process along the way. This is an entrepreneurial role in a growing team and will report directly to the Director of Content Marketing.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· Develop content marketing strategies respective to vertical and product campaigns
· Act as the content lead for key verticals and product teams as their content marketing and strategic planning partner
· Work with partners to develop content roadmaps for the year respective to their product and vertical; manage, adjust and execute on roadmaps throughout the year
· Identify and develop client-facing blog posts, white papers, webinars, research reports, infographics, videos and more aligned to product and vertical programs
· Develop compelling written and visual content aligned to business objectives and designed to elevate internal and external visibility of the Epsilon brand across vertical and product categories
· Work with creative team to build out innovative, market-leading content assets across brand, vertical and product content
· Support content marketing strategic initiatives (CORE content, PR opportunities, etc.) as applicable to product and vertical ownership areas
· Collaborate with colleagues to develop and drive strategic content communications plans including the development, process, implementation and measurement of the Epsilon content calendars
· Partner with resource center owner to maintain status of go-live calendar, and work with marketing operations and demand gen partners for monthly content marketing measurement/reporting
The right candidate:
· Is located in Chicago
· Is a natural storyteller with a passion for telling great, authentic stories that support business objectives
· Has an entrepreneurial attitude, start-up mentality and can navigate complex organizations
· Can delegate and supervise content creators
· Has written for numerous content formats: research reports, infographics, blog posts, executive bylines, ebooks, video scripts, webinars, etc.
· Can assess micro edits down to which adjectives need hyphens (and which don’t) and macro edits up to the overall flow and purpose of a piece
· Builds relationships across their organization, handling feedback and adjustments with ease and a defined point of view
· Thrives in fast-paced environments; is flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios
· Is a change agent: Sees ambiguity as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrives on challenging themselves to push beyond conventional thinking
· Is a problem solver: Makes things happen and works well with others to build constructive and effective relationships
· Seeks initiative: Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks
· Is detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done
· Has the intellectual curiosity to surface insights and implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions
· Could have written this job description in a more creative, engaging way than we did
And now a bit about what you’ve done before:
· Has experience working on a marketing team in a content marketing function
· Has fantastic writing and editing skills—samples of writing skills will be required and a writing and editing test will be part of the interviewing process.
· Has 6-8 years creating content for a B2B marketing organization, preferably in marketing or advertising tech, or at a magazine, newspaper or similar publication with editorial planning aligned to key business objectives
· Ideally, has written for retail, financial services and/or CPG and understands how to craft content for specific industries across the business
· Has at least some design experience and, at minimum, can evaluate creative output as it pertains to marketing objectives
· Has a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.