The Sr. Copywriter will be responsible for planning, executing, and editing copy used for a variety of projects, both online and offline.
What you will do:
- Strategic Product Copy: Leverage search term data and other tools to write product copy, making listings as relevant to the target audience as possible. This will include offline copy, such as signage, retail packaging descriptions, direct email and online, such as eCommerce product pages and lead capture landing pages.
- Collaboration: This person will work closely with our CCO and teams of content writers, developers, data/marketing specialists and product designers.
- Scheduling: The position requires scheduling projects with critical stakeholders that effectively meet project needs.
- Copy Optimization/Keyword Research: Execute regular content optimizations and keyword implementation using data gathered from social post, product pages and ad campaigns.
- Proofreading and Editing: Write and proofread copy across a wide variety of media. Strong grammatical and spelling skills required.
- Brand Voice: You will both plan and manage the evolution of brand voices.
About the Company:
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors and connect them with one of America’s largest sporting industries: fishing. We operate 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box (MTB) – The #1 fishing tackle subscription box
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle (KBT) – eCommerce site focused on fishing and outdoor goods
- Catch Co Brands – design and manufacturing of product sold on MTB, KBT and 3rd party retail
We’re building the premier digital shopping experience that introduces anglers to the best new gear and lifestyle apparel. We are looking for exceptionally talented people to help make that vision a reality. In addition to being talented, our team members are honest, curious, take action and always seek to leave things better than they found them. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
What you will need:
- 3-5 years experience in copywriting online (ex. eCommerce product pages) and offline (ex. retail packaging, direct mail).
- Portfolio of clean, crisp and concise copy.
- Experience in content strategy best practices and a strong understanding of evolving brand voice.
- Outstanding communication skills and an incredible sense of humor.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Understanding user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Experience working in Magento is a plus.
- Experience in the outdoor industry or a love of fishing is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
What will make you successful:
- Collaborative: You must work vigorously in a cross-team environment.
- Growth Oriented: You must be open to learning new skills to meet our ever-growing content strategy.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable: This is a creative position, and as such, critiques are critical to growth.
- Strong communication skills: You need to be able to articulate every detail, from commas to colons.
- Strong attention to detail: Craft is the difference between a good creative and a great one. So, every little detail, every period, counts.
- "Take what you need" PTO Policy
- 10 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & WFH opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Employer-Sponsored Disability Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet Insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Incredible culture, fun events and passionate coworkers
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.