Senior Digital Experience Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
When Discover’s newest customers have a question about their account, they overwhelmingly prefer to “message us” through the Discover App or on Discover.com, making Messaging one of Discover’s top emerging channels. This position, within the Digital Customer Service team, will help lead the evolution of Discover’s digital customer service experience through Messaging and conversational AI. This person will be responsible for creating the best experience possible for the top service needs of our customers.
This person needs to be a self-starter who is comfortable being a thought leader in a fast paced, collaborative and evolving environment. They will be responsible for knowing the current digital customer experience and understanding, identifying, implementing and measuring opportunities to improve the customer’s experience when they “message us.”
Responsible for creating and leading user experience strategies for Discover's website and mobile app. While working closely with business partners and external design agencies to create digital customers experiences that leverage research, data and customer insights.
- Partners with stakeholders (Marketing, Rewards, Credit Management, Delivery, Operations, etc.) to refine business requirements. Translating business requirements into digital design strategy for web and mobile app properties within the Messaging Channel.
- Oversees user experience design projects to ensure cohesive user experiences throughout the customer journey. Focuses on developing conversational design for our automated and agent content, proposes richer experiences like visual and interactive widgets that improve customer and agent experiences.
- Leads UX design project with designers to develop prototypes, socialize and execute on user research, and effectively translate research and requirements for agencies to develop user flows, wireframes, and high–fidelity user interface mockups.
- Responsible for monitoring our digital properties health and leading maintenance activities to improve the customer experience by providing insights on the result of changes.
- Continuously works to identify opportunities to improve the customers experience by leveraging research, data and customer feedback.
- Identifies and resolves risks and vulnerabilities detected in the digital environment through working with technology, legal and compliance partners to make sure critical requirements are met.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Sciences, Business, Technology, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications Integrated Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, UX, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications Integrated Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, UX, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Communications Integrated Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, UX, or related field
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.