Responsible for providing the vision for and overseeing a specified area of work within Customer Loyalty & Insights to support the company vision of creating a customer-centric culture. Creates and executes actionable programs and products across Walgreens, leveraging initiatives across business groups to fulfill the corporate strategy. Responsible for developing the strategic plan through which the goals, priorities and actionable objectives are achieved. Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short- and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have significant impact on the organization.
- Develops a strategic plan (short and long-term) around the execution of Corporate initiatives; leading and overseeing the activities for the area of responsibility across the company and business groups.
- Builds strategy and inputs to inform annual long range planning cycle. Leads process reviews and development of strategies to meet financial targets, and departmental goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and peers to ensure understanding of key initiatives and result. Supports quarterly senior leadership planning off sites and assessment of business performance.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives and report on the execution thereof. Advises and makes actionable recommendations to executive management on strategic initiatives related to developing a customer focused organization.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Develops budget for specified area of responsibility and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Builds the formal frameworks and methodologies for key strategic issues both leveraging existing resources and creating new innovative concepts across the Company, ensuring process and structural fit with cross-functional teams. Establishes the underlying toolkit essential for building the infrastructure.
- Oversees and provides leadership, direction and consultation to the Directors on staff within Customer Loyalty & Insights. Builds and manages an internal/external team to lead the development of Customer Loyalty & Insights. Oversees and directs the work of director, managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver highquality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, consumer research, vendor collaboration, inventory, category management and/or business analysis. OR High School/GED and at least 11 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, consumer research, vendor collaboration, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Experience interacting and influencing others at the executive level.
- Experience creating opportunities and leading initiatives that impact ROI and/or an organization's profitability
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).