Senior Director, eCommerce Marketing at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: ECommerce Acquisition (27148)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Senior Director, eCommerce Marketing is primarily responsible for driving revenue by generating – and converting – quality traffic and will oversee all new customer acquisition efforts for all the Ahold Delhaize US brands. It is imperative this person create collaborative, deep relationships with brand counterparts. This individual will play a leadership role in the strategic development of our customer segmentation and targeting approach, utilizing our marketing technology stack, as well as will take ownership for formulating the strategy for and overseeing execution and optimization of campaigns across all channels utilized in new customer acquisition efforts including eMarketing (SEO, SEM, display, affiliate, retargeting), direct mail, print, OOH, radio and co-marketing efforts with CPG brands. A high level of analytical capability is required due to the role providing results-based optimization for all performance marketing channels.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Create insight-led integrated marketing communications strategies to support the Ahold brand’s annual objectives.
- Continuously drive efficient new customer acquisition to ensure we meet our budget goals.
- Provide thought leadership and enable the local marketing teams to optimize their acquisition marketing budget across periods, channels and tactics.
- The Director will work cross-functionally to optimize rigorous testing capabilities (A/B, multivariate, attribution analysis) across an integrated omnichannel marketing mix including offline and online channels.
- Develop, test and optimize messaging strategies across various customer segments/personas to move customers through the awareness, consideration and intent phases of the funnel.
- Develop a testing plan to continually improve online and offline tactics, creative messaging, landing page optimization to increase traffic growth and conversion.
- Responsible for helping identify the highest potential prospects who offer the greatest LTV, appropriately allocating both online and offline marketing resources to capitalize on these segments and prospects.
- This individual will lead development of reporting dashboards relating to new customer KPIs and analytics needs to provide actionable insights.
- The role will be expected to clarify how high potential customers sit across the broader ADUSA omnichannel landscape and, working in close partnership with the Brand leads, identify biggest opportunities for joint acquisition efforts.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Finance, Development & DiPLA colleagues to improve forecasting efforts, better evaluate Marketing programs and assess new business opportunities as to the next ‘best in class’ marketing model for Peapod Digital Labs.
- Provide recommendations on important consumer and industry trends – and competitive – activities which should inform online strategy and business decisions.
- Have a thorough understanding of all sources of customer data and partner with Data & Analytics as well as Loyalty to optimize how data is effectively utilized across the broader organization including development of automated reports and prioritization of ad hoc requests.
- Ensure Marketing develops, maintains and utilizes an accurate attribution model and capabilities – evangelize the use of this model to glean actionable insights.
- Develop and monitor performance of all Marketing activities against business goals and metrics, defining which channels and programs drive optimal CPA and LTV.
- Take ownership and lead the development of customer acquisition buying journeys.
- Build and maintain use cases, roadmaps and product feature documentation relating to acquisition needs; share vision and plans with stakeholders, resolve dependencies, and make prioritization decisions.
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and internal customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs as well as wants.
- Play a key role in the definition and delivery of agreed-to Budget goals with a specific focus on new customer KPI’s.
- Effectively own and manage Central Marketing budget and partner with and provide strategic guidance to brand teams, delivering best use of multi-million-dollar marketing budget.
- Work closely with Local teams to incorporate local Brand marketing activities and spend into a single spending outlook.
- Responsible for team development by clearly articulating strategy and goals, establishing clear job expectations, managing to those expectations and providing ongoing coaching.
- Responsible for managing clear career development plans and supportive training programs to continue to build skills and experiences.
- Review and enhance, where necessary, all acquisition processes, measurements, information systems and analytics capabilities that are needed to enable the PDL eCommerce Acquisition Team to operate efficiently and effectively.
- This individual should effectively collaborate and interact with all company functions as well as with external agency partners.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 15+ years of professional experience
- 10+ years experience with performance multi-channel marketing
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, affiliate and email marketing channels
- Excellent Excel skills (formulas, charts, pivot tables)
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Experience with A/B testing and multi-variate optimization
- Deep experience with direct marketing campaign management and optimization
- Experience working with technical / Dev / UX teams to accomplish goals
- Able to analyze data in tools like Power BI
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform, Liveramp & Salesforce Data Management Platform
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills – ability to translate complex data into a concise narrative with clear conclusions and action steps
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to track and manage simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Strategic thinker who proactively envisions ‘what’s possible’ and can build an action plan to get there
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and develop appropriate actionable recommendations
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Leadership presence; ability to influence and persuade senior executives.
- Strong manager with the ability to provide day to day coaching, direction and feedback as require to course correct
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 11479_external_USA-IL-Chicago