Senior Director, Enterprise Internal Communications at Walgreens
- Works with the senior Executive team to provide them with communications leadership, coaching on personal communications styles and create content for their key internal communications. Leads support for Walgreens change programs, by creating appropriate communications for the senior leadership team that support their growth and profit goals. Identifies and develops innovative solutions on communication channel strategies. Ensures the vision, strategy, objectives and transformation activities are understood through appropriate messaging enabling the workforce to contribute effectively.
- Develops and leads communications processes and content for corporate level organizational announcements and organization changes. Works in close partnership with HR and other stakeholders to develop a vibrant leadership community by organizing events, improving communication tools, increasing internal engagement initiatives and positioning Walgreens as an employer of choice.
- Partners with HR on the evolution and development of Walgreens values, the corresponding behavioural framework and works with management to create a shared culture within Walgreens. Develops corporate level communications strategy with a focus on strategic HR projects such as corporate restructures, strategic outsourcing and pensions.
- Leads the strategy for the data gathering and presentation process, setting up appropriate KPIs to ensure continuous improvement in the communications function. Oversees and manages all relevant email templates, intranet pages, bios, etc. ensuring alignment with the Global Communications Strategic Vision and updated concurrently with strategic changes. Leads and invigorates the delivery of harmonised publications across the group.
- Developing best practice for Walgreens internal communications ensuring it is in line with global standards of excellence as part of the internal communications work-stream within the new shared services platform.
- With the support of the shared services platform, lead the development of the Intranet site, including business case development, stakeholder, budget and agency management and develop KPIs to measure its success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
is present in more than 25* countries
employs more than 440,000* people
has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (domestically and/or internationally).Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of progressively responsible experience working within an in-house communications function with a global organization and/or in an agency OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 11 years of progressively responsible experience working within an in-house communications function with a global organization and/or in an agency.
- Experience leading the delivery of internal communications component of Group engagement programs.
- Experience developing a communications strategy for the C-Suite executives and broader leadership teams based on the implementation of a best in class feedback gathering and reporting process.
- Experience leading and driving results on strategic internal projects, driving collaboration between internal departments and external working groups.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or related field and at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience working within an in-house communications function with a global organization and/or in an agency OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 14 years of progressively responsible experience working within an in-house communications function with a global organization and/or in an agency.
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Fluency in French, Italian, German and/or Chinese