Senior Director of Marketing
BenchPrep is a comprehensive learner success platform that puts the focus on the learner’s needs.
Based in Chicago, BenchPrep is the leading provider of an advanced white label online learning platform and enables the world's leading education and training companies to deliver best-in-class digital learning programs. The company’s modern cloud-based platform is transforming the professional education space, with many of the largest credentialing bodies, associations, and training organizations in the world now delivering learning programs through BenchPrep. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, CompTIA, GMAC, Institute for Supply Management, ASCM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NCBE, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Richardson Sales Training, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. More than 4 million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success. To discover more about BenchPrep, please visit www.benchprep.com.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Marketing who will be responsible for developing, executing, and overseeing the overall marketing strategy, including tactical implementation.
With a focus on demand generation, increasing pipeline velocity, and brand enhancement, we are searching for a leader who can drive pipeline with detailed content and who can tell a provocative BenchPrep Story.
To increase our visibility in the marketplace and drive growth, we are seeking an experienced and creative Senior Director of Marketing to lead our team. This is a hands-on management role that will execute brand strategy, positioning, event execution, multi-channel campaigns, lead generation, content strategy and pipeline velocity.
This person will be data driven with a focus on delivering highly measurable marketing impact, but will also need to have good mentorship capabilities, strong business acumen, a strategic flair for developing campaigns, the ability to craft a story, and a keen focus on measurable outcomes that drive results. We need a passionate leader who is ready to work closely with our product and sales teams, and deliver leads who convert to real opportunities.
- Planning, development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives to build pipeline and drive revenue
- Execute tactical marketing activities that support overall strategy, like writing, editing, building frameworks for new strategies
- Work with sales and product teams to segment audiences appropriately by personas, markets, pipeline stages, etc.
- Create and manage annual marketing budget
- Create, measure and track marketing reports for greater visibility into user behavior
- Work with Product team to market new tools and products to drive new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Develop and execute our PR and thought leadership strategy in both existing and new markets
- Oversee all trade show and event strategy and tactical implementation of pre, post, and onsite marketing involvement
- Identify and manage third-party suppliers when outsourcing is necessary and cost efficient
- Partner closely with Executives, Sales, Customer Success and Product teams
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in a B2B Marketing environment, with experience in the SaaS industry
- 3+ years of proven leadership and management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related discipline
- In-depth experience in planning and executing multi-channel, multi-touch, marketing programs including email campaigns, social media, trade shows and events, PR releases, and inbound strategies for acquisition
- Familiarity with Hubspot or similar sales and marketing automation tools; especially with reporting
- Familiarity with Salesforce, and pipeline management
- Experience articulating and managing corporate brand
- Knowledge of emerging technology and marketing trends
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, and able to deliver high quality presentations
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize projects
- Highly motivated and self-learner with commitment to details and quality