Senior Email Marketer
Category: Digital Marketing Posted Date: June 2019
Position: Senior Email Marketer
Location: 2023 W. Carroll Ave., Chicago, IL 60612
Tiege Hanley is “Uncomplicated Skin Care for Men®”.
Tiege Hanley is a three-year-old company that sells men’s skin care boxes and has experienced significant growth in the last year. Our mission is to help men look and feel amazing. We achieve our goal by providing the highest quality skin care products on the market, with a simplified packing system at an affordable price.
Tiege Hanley’s Digital Marketing Team is charged with helping to create and deliver marketing programs that support the growth of the overall company.
The Senior Email Marketer must be a creative and data-driven problem solver, with a passion for effective communication, through a strategic approach to the written word.
The Email Marketer must have’s
- A proven ability to produce life cycle-based email programs that will engage and excite our prospects and customers
- The ability to design and implement email-based journey maps
- Motivated to succeed through creative problem solving, and using strategic insight into engaging people through email
Do these points speak to you?
- Your efforts will directly impact the success of the company
- You enjoy being part of a super fun collaborative team
- We have a flat hierarchy that empowers our employees to make decisions and take risks
- We value agility
- We set clear expectations at the individual, team, and company level
- We have a trendy and modern, loft-like workspace
- The team has regular meet up’s outside of work that are optional
- Tiege has a trustworthy and honest environment where everyone’s opinion is considered and respected
- Develop, deploy and optimize comprehensive email, SMS, and other direct marketing strategies that support our marketing goals including: engagement, traffic, and conversions
- Collaborate and lead a phenomenal design team and copywriter through the production and execution of campaigns, including, but not limited to: messaging, design, development, and deployment
- Develop testing strategies to optimize campaign strategy, improve customer acquisition and grow engagement
- Monitor, track and analyze campaign objectives
- Leverage email marketing technology and analytics, to create personalized email messages that drive engagement and interaction
- Work closely with our Loyalty team to catapult our loyalty program
- Work closely with our SEO team to drive more email acquisitions from our amazing blogs
- Grow and develop the automated trigger-based program, including on-boarding and nurture strategies
- Leverage domain expertise using industry best practices, to maintain email list health and improve deliverability
- Plan email calendar for all customer segments
- Manage relationships with email service vendors
- Make our email program the best in the industry: Win marketing awards with the email campaigns you design
- An entrepreneurial spirit, motivated to win
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- The desire to be in a high impact role
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expert level understanding of email marketing and direct marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree: Communications, Business, Marketing, Journalism, or English strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in an email marketing role
- Strong experience with an ESP such as Klaviyo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Epsilon, etc.
- Experience planning, launching and optimizing strategic acquisition and nurture programs
- Proven experience establishing effective measurement and reporting programs that deliver insights to business partners enabling them to make informed decisions that increase program effectiveness.
- Proven experience in: scoping and documenting business and program requirements, creating time estimates for delivery and resource needs, working closely with business partners and IT, overseeing cross-functional teams, and delivering against those requirements.
- Knowledgeable in CAN-SPAM and deliverability best practices.
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding for email a big plus
- B2C e-commerce experience
- Start up experience
- SMS experience
- Worked with Klaviyo
- Be a member of one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago
- 401K, with company match after 90 days
- Health Insurance
- Flexible working program
- Bring your dog to work (1 day/wk)
- Free premium coffee and healthy snacks
- A flat hierarchy which empowers your technical decisions in a collaborative environment, where everyone’s opinion is considered and respected
Reports to Director of Digital Marketing