Senior Graphic Designer at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.What we are looking for
As our Senior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for developing and managing our visual identity, and building best-in-class visual creative for a wide range of brand touch-points and campaigns, including web pages, sales and marketing material, digital ads, and social content. You will work closely with our web, content, and product marketing leads to ensure our brand is clear, consistent, and creative, across all channels.
We are a dynamic, growing marketing team and company, looking for someone to apply their design expertise and creative eye to improve our visual communication, and help take our marketing to the next level.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to be part of a growing startup, and in a role that has an over-sized impact, but also wants to be part of something bigger, in a company with a mission to do good. Come help us tell the story of how cutting edge data science is being used to address some of the world’s most pressing issues with some of the most progressive social causes.Responsibilities
- Execute design projects from ideation to implementation
- Balance a diverse and start-up-pace portfolio of design projects, from web pages to sales collateral to event signage
- Present your work to the team and other stakeholders around the company, balancing your experience and a thoughtful POV with an appetite for feedback and iteration
- Implement a consistent and cohesive brand identity across all channels, helping the team and company maintain the highest brand standards
- Develop and communicate brand design principles and guidelines for use within the company and with partners
- Collaborate closely with other leaders on the marketing team to build insightful creative that enhances overall messaging, and iterate with them as a team
- Manage the design workflow and process for the team, including your personal priorities, schedule, and deadlines, while communicating it effectively to stakeholders
- Foster a design culture that thrives off of trust, curiosity, continuous learning, and measured experimentation
- 6+ years of graphic design experience, especially highlighting web design
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- US work authorization
- Experience in a startup, where quickly capitalizing on opportunities is valuable, and ownership is a super-power
- Above average time management skills (the right candidate for this role will thrive in an environment that offers a diversity of projects, but demands constant reprioritization and multi-tasking)
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW