Senior Internal Communications Associate at Flexport
Flexport moves fast. Our success depends on our employees understanding and wholeheartedly supporting the company’s mission and strategy, empowering them to make the best decisions quickly for their clients and for our business. This is what the Internal Communications team does for a living.
We’re looking for an employee engagement professional to join the IC team. Your thoughtful execution will extend our team’s impact, and with that, the company’s. You’ll help business leaders create more transparency, understanding and engagement among their teams. Using your knowledge of Flexport and your relationships across the company, you’ll create persuasive communication materials that reach the whole company or large organizations such as Demand, Technology and G&A through the Flexportal, slack and live meetings.You will:
- Create communications on company initiatives and corporate, product and industry news that build trust in Flexport, its mission and strategy. These comms can live on a variety of internal platforms - you’ll advise on the best medium for the job
- Manage our intranet tool, the Flexportal, including acting as the primary point of contact for other Flexportal admins; maintaining informational pages; writing and publishing fun, engaging content in Flexport’s voice; and liaising with the vendor on troubleshooting and roadmap prioritization
- Run planning and logistics for major meetings and events (e.g. Global All-Hands) -- basically, help make sure that our largest meetings are beloved by all employees!
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations on how to improve
- 3-5 years of experience where communications was a focus in your role
- Ability to navigate competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Deep interest in day-to-day news and long-term trends which impact the experience of working at Flexport
- Self-starter, independently motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.