Senior Manager, B2B Marketing
Cars.com is seeking a proven B2B marketer to lead its customer and trade marketing efforts. As a results-driven growth marketer, you will build an integrated communications program to educate, engage, and excite the company’s core audiences including our 500-person salesforce and over 20,000 customers, as well as the industry at large. Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing, you will lead a team – and work cross-functionally with Product Marketing and across the organization – to create a marketing strategy and integrated marketing plans that differentiate the Cars.com brand across paid, earned, and owned media.
- Develop and own the overall partner marketing strategy and program. Develop a strong understanding of partner needs and how to best position Cars.com’s solutions in the market.
- Establish marketing strategy and plans to drive B2B brand, demand and leads. Develop and lead the company’s B2B communications strategy and adoption of marketing automation technology, collaborate with Insights team on segmentation and Product Marketing on campaign efforts.
- Identify opportunities for lead generation and create marketing materials – including case studies, white papers, blog posts, etc.
- Partner with Product Marketing to create and execute integrated communications plans across product and feature launches; lead the development of sales materials and execution across channels.
- Work with Event Marketing team to identify trade and customer events to target with relevant product and content activation(s).
- Identify new marketing opportunities based on customer needs, industry trends, and competitive research.
- Create metrics and measurement platform to report on marketing activities, tie to business outcomes and deliver actionable insights. Strategically evaluate marketing campaigns and provide recommendations on new tactics to pursue.
- Exceed internal/external customer/stakeholder level of satisfaction.
- Manage a small team of growth marketers specialized in engagement and channel management.
- Experience managing integrated B2B marketing programs from planning through execution
- Ability to collaborate with clients and stakeholders across the organization to support business objectives
- Excellent communications skills – written and presentation – including a client friendly demeanor with strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Comfortable in setting and delivering on priorities in a fast-paced setting; organized, creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally among teams and manage competing priorities
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to “connect the dots” across efforts as well as the organization
- Analytical skills to support measurement; ability to assess specific marketing tactics to deliver on unique objectives
- Meticulous attention to detail with a strong emphasis on thoroughness, accuracy & follow up
- High level of energy and enthusiasm; desire and drive to go beyond the status quo
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; advanced Excel experience preferred
- Team player that is willing to roll up their sleeves and hustle daily
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Track record of partnering with sales
- Industry experience (third-party marketplace and/or auto category) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Budget management experience
- Multi-faceted B2B marketing experience
- Knowledge of digital advertising; media/publishing experience preferred