At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ShopRunner is intrinsically a two-sided business, B2C in that we offer our millions of members access to free 2-day shipping and returns, plus exclusive perks at our network of 100+ retailers and B2B in that we build tools and provide insights to help our retailers compete in the ecommerce space.
Our Senior Manager of CRM & Growth Marketing sits at the intersection of marketing, data science, product, design and analytics. You’ll own our entire member lifecycle, along with providing your analytical acumen and creative instincts to achieve our marketing goals. We’ll also rely on you to test and measure those communications, and derive insights to inform future campaigns -- ultimately growing ShopRunner’s marketing channels and deepening customer engagement throughout the lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be very analytical, self-starting, flexible, organized, and reliable, with the ability to both see the big picture and be able/willing to execute rapidly. We need an expert in email marketing, but we also need somebody who can stretch and provide leadership in our growth marketing efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with stakeholders to understand, map out, and analyze each of our new member journeys, including how they join ShopRunner from each of our channels at a granular level
- Gain a deep understanding of the SR customer lifecycle and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Own and optimize our email program, ensuring the implementation of email best practices to maximize inbox deliverability and maintain an appropriate cadence for our customers
- Run growth marketing campaigns from launch to recap: you will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, execute the campaign, and derive insights to inform go-forward strategy
- Test new channels and strategies to acquire new customers and increase engagement with current customers
- Enhance our data driven and automated trigger communication with a clear strategy focused on segmentation
- Explore and identify automated marketing tactics that advance customers along their lifecycle and promote engagement and retention
- Develop and implement optimizations across the entire lifecycle focused on driving activation, frequency, and cross-shop within the ShopRunner network
- Understand our data science capabilities, ensure they are being utilized across all of our customer journeys, and identify gaps and development needs from this area
- Drive enhancements of our communication capabilities around messaging channels and targeting/personalization strategies
- Lead, mentor, and manage a direct report while working cross-functionally with a larger 8+ person marketing org
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- An email marketing expert who has rounded out your skillset to also include growth marketing tactics, social media strategy, and/or SEM
- 7+ years of hands-on B2C experience in email marketing as well as some experience in growth marketing and/or product marketing
- Experience with customer journey mapping, segmentation and targeting strategies
- Experience with trigger email & lifecycle programs
- Ability to work cross functionally with product, engineering, data science, analytics, research and designs
- Proven track record of delivering complex e-mail programs from inception to delivery at consumer scale (1MM+ list sizes)
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with multivariate testing and able to analyze campaign performance to evolve e-mail strategies. You are a player/coach, i.e. you are equally comfortable setting vision + strategy as rolling up your sleeves to execute, and thrive in environments that require you to do both. Comprehensive understanding of email best practices such as subject lines, messaging, dynamic emails, customer segmentation, HTML/CSS, responsive design and deliverability
- Experience working with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Looker) -- you’re comfortable using data to analyze campaign performance and create strategies informed by those learnings
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, and web analytics
- You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences and regularly use data to validate that understanding
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias towards action
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.