Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Join Affirm as part of the Operations Expansion team as a Principal to lead Integrated Capacity Planning for the entire Affirm Operations organization (customer, merchant, and fraud operations). We are looking for a leader who is a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, technology and teams to help us transform customer experiences, accelerate business growth and optimize our retention efforts.
To deliver outstanding customer experiences at scale, Affirm needs to attract, hire, train and retain the right level of Affirm Customer Experts. This role is critical for building and running an expert workforce forecast that effectively meets service demand levels. This is a strategic business partner role, working closely with business, data science, finance and analytics teams to ensure we make the right capacity planning and matchmaking decisions that help drive our customer experience, and ensure our business operates profitably and delivers the best possible experience to our customers.What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Analytics and Finance teams and will own all phases of demand forecasting, budget, and labor scheduling.
- Develop and test different forecasting methodologies to improve forecast accuracy and build analytical tools to ensure balanced SLA across all channels and intervals.
- Build requirements for the analytics team on forecast model changes to improve forecast accuracy, automation and visibility.
- Own maintaining assumptions within the forecast models to create a reliable, accurate forecast for all operations verticals.
- Own long, and mid term planning cycles for a global 24x7 network of agents (live chat, phone, email, social media) and meet regularly with your partners to align on method and desired outcomes.
- Provide analysis to assess and mitigate risk associated with the scenarios.
- Lead long-term forecasting, in close partnership with Finance and Analytics, for budgeting that incorporates planned efficiency and/or contact reduction initiatives.
- Partner with the operations team to ensure planned to required FTE delivery is met.
- Own and complete initiatives to support our WFM strategy, including the introduction of a new WFM tool, revamped reporting, and data integrity improvements.
- 10+ years experience in supply chain or operations positions, 3 years in capacity planning, time series forecasting, supply and demand forecasting (ideally working with Anaplan)
- Proven leadership skills with strong written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of management and with peers
- Self starter - seeks the problem, doesn't wait for the problem to find them. Can see around corners and mobilizes themselves and others to act on proactively improving the data consumption experience
- Analytically minded with experience working on large scale projects with sophisticated forecasting models, capacity management models, load balancing products an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Highly proficient in Excel, Tableau; experience in SQL strongly preferred but not required
- Analytical bachelor’s degree required (Economics, Finance, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science), Master’s degree in a related field preferred
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.