Senior Manager, Email and Direct Mail, Zoro
Title: Senior Manager, Email and Direct Mail
Reports to: Director, Industry and Channel Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Senior Manager, Email and Direct Mail will report to the Director, Industry and Channel Marketing and will work closely with the marketing channel, marketing creative, and other core business teams to optimize conversion, coordinate marketing messaging, and report on campaign results. This role will serve as the subject-matter expert in email and direct mail creation, targeting, and delivery, as this individual will be responsible for the use of these as communication streams across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the channel, design, and other key business teams to create high-quality communications (email, direct mail, sms) and coordinated messaging
- Lead ongoing email and direct mail testing optimization, including A/B testing to innovate and drive improved results
- Lead and manage a team (print and email mangers, direct marketing specialist) to develop on-brand, on-strategy communications across all customer and industry segments.
- Developing processes and documentation standards to ensure projects and key achievements are tracked appropriately and drive continuous improvement through process improvements and maximizing communications efficiencies
- Find opportunities to improve the way that we work – seeking innovation and optimization in our processes and output
- Growing strong relationships with partners by developing a strong understanding of business drivers in order to affect outcomes through communications
- Managing internal and external agency relationships and provide clear direction to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on email and direct marketing experience.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation and customer journey tools such as Autopilot, Marketo, Salesforce, Blueshift, and Hubspot Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Heap.
- Experience with A/B and rapid iterative digital marketing tests
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing KPIs & sales data.
- Demonstrated capability to provide positive leadership in fast-paced, multi-project, team oriented environment
- Flexible and can tolerate ambiguity and still operate effectively
- Works well independently and with team, taking the initiative to completely manage needs of the team (with minimal oversight)
- Ability to create and foster team motivation, collaboration, and positive attitude, and build rapport up- / down- / across- an organization
- Communicate effectively at all levels, across departments, and with business partners
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.