Responsible for the overall provider and consumer marketing strategies and activation plans to that support business unit growth and profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens products and services through sales effectiveness, health outcomes and differentiated products and services.
- Develops consumer and healthcare provider market share growth strategies and large-scale, multi-stakeholder marketing initiatives to ensure attainment of business unit objectives; increased brand recognition; and enhanced market position.
- Leads and monitors relationships with outside agencies and corporate shared service teams to develop and execute marketing plans and tactics such as sales representative-driven programs, advertising campaigns, media plans, promotional programs, public relations activities, trade shows, and online marketing programs.
- Provides strategic guidance to business units to optimize sales effectiveness, clinical excellence, customer loyalty and operational efficiency.
- Develops and manages marketing budgets to achieve both corporate and business unit goals
- Leverages marketing expertise, market trend insights and strong industry knowledge to partner with business unit leaders.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 7 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years’ experience
- At least 4 years of experience developing and measuring strategic marketing plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management
- Experience providing direction to field sales, managing teams across business units, and collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies. Executive presentation skills and business acumen.
- Basic Microsoft skills.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- At least 6 years of experience in strategic marketing or product marketing preferably in health and wellness industry (including managed care, pharmaceutical, and hospital systems).