Senior Manager, Marketing - Coupons NA
Are you a Marketing Leader passionate about building and driving change in a digital marketplace?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Groupon Coupons is Groupon's digital marketing affiliate business. We work directly with the world's biggest brands to bring extraordinary discounts to our customers every day. You know when you search the internet for promo codes and they seem to magically appear? Well, that's us! We are a scrappy and energetic team that is able to function like a start-up while benefiting from the scale and resources of a Fortune 1000 company.
We are seeking an experienced marketing leader to head our North America Coupon's marketing team. You will work closely with the GM of Coupons and the Head of Affiliate Sales to deliver integrated marketing campaigns to our partnering brands. A highly analytic and data-focused approach is needed to deliver strong performance with transparent results.
You will be responsible for building creative and strategic programs for merchandising in emails, push notifications and on-site assets. You will also optimize and scale our brand focused SEM, display and biddable media program. Additionally, you will join the affiliate sales team in pitching new ideas to merchants, networks and agencies. As successful candidate will be excited about big picture marketing strategy and get in the details on data and execution.
You’ll spend your time on the following:
- You will manage a team that owns strategy and operations for on-site merchandising, email, push notifications, SEM, display and other marketing channels
- You will deliver on KPIs including traffic volume, conversion rates, revenue targets and ROAS
- Come up with creative marketing campaigns and pitch to brands and networks
- Run computational marketing programs in SEM and Display
- You'll implement audience segmentation and customer journey strategies
- Work with product to increase monetizable assets and value-add offerings on our site
- Analyze data and deliver insights based on customer behavior
- Increase transparency of performance and ROI internally and for our affiliate brands
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in affiliate marketing, digital marketing or e-commerce
- Experience leading cross-discipline marketing teams
- Experience owning a marketing channel in SEM / paid search, display, social, email, push or SEO with revenue and ROI targets
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically, can understand the big picture and be in the details simultaneously
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau or similar data and visualization tools
- Understanding of audience segmentation, data tracking and click attribution models
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a great teammate
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.