Senior Manager, Marketing at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering effective, accessible and efficient healthcare through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Marketing and Communications team is the expert in telling our organization’s story in a consistent and disciplined way and creating the tools necessary for our employees and partners to consistently support and amplify our brand message. Integral to the team, the Marketing Manager will work on a variety of projects supporting internal business partners across the enterprise. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and participating in developing B2B strategies, executions and KPI’s.
In this newly created role, you’ll take a data-centric approach to see meaning, insights, ideas, and at the same time elevate the analysis and strategic thinking to become a true partner to teams across our markets. Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Marketing Manager include:
- Managing strategic and brand development efforts, and developing, executing, and managing integrated marketing plans
- Collaborating with the vice president of marketing and communications to develop a brand positioning, brand book and style guide, as well as creating and managing strategic, on-brand content that has a consistent look and feel across multiple channels
- Strategically supporting VillageMD markets and departments with the creation of online and offline materials such as presentations and collateral
- Working closely with the vice president of marketing and communications and a research partner to facilitate a segmentation study to better understand VillageMD and Village Medical’s target audiences and opportunities
- Developing a consistent template and filing system for all business-related collateral and clinic-based forms to support business needs
- Maintaining an online VillageMD brand store, in partnership with vendors, for employees to order collateral with approved items and logos
- Collaborating with other departments to support the planning and execution of marketing-related internal and external events
- Working as liaison between external contractors and VillageMD team members to deliver high-quality work, such as copywriting, graphic design, production coordination, printing, fulfillment, proofreading, translations, etc.
- Providing strategic marketing support as needed to our sales, product, and market launch teams
What will make you successful here?
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a relevant field required
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive business and marketing generalist experience
- Preferred experience working in a grassroots marketing environment
- Healthcare experience and public company experience preferred
- Traditional and digital advertising experience preferred
- Experience conducting marketing research, developing brand positioning, conducting business reviews and creating/executing marketing plans is a plus
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence; can integrate with a team, engender trust and leverage relationships to get work done
- Proven project management skills evidenced by the ability to effectively manage internal stakeholders, direct multiple vendors and resources, meet deadlines and adhere to budgets
- Hands on approach including strong command of details
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.