Senior Manager of Mobile Marketing, Push Notifications
Do you love taking ownership of your own objectives?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Senior Manager of Mobile Marketing, Push Notifications is responsible for improving the customer experience, features and push notifications messages for Groupon’s mobile app. This position is an integral part of the mobile marketing and will lead our Push Notifications Marketing and Operations Team.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Ability to model and understand the economic and financial decision around the push notifications business
- Ability to define and create product requirements to automate key push notifications
- You will manage offshore resources to execute push notifications
- Build, target and schedule push notifications for iOS and Android
- Create calendar of scheduled notifications
- You will handle daily reporting on campaign performance
- Strong analytical skills required; willingness and ability to write and run SQL queries when needed to answer critical business, operational and customer questions
- Campaign A/B testing
- Work closely with merchandising and other teams to create app-exclusive offers
- You will proudly protect the customer experience
- Make great decisions about phrasing and language that we use in notifications
- Tenacious targeting: You understand who should get which message and why
- Experience reporting on metrics
- Committed optimizer of campaigns
8+ years in database-driven marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing CRM experience preferred
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, or Finance; Master's degree in Marketing or MBA is a plus
- Strategic program development and big picture thinking in consumer e-commerce merchandising
- Familiarity with key marketing metrics – proven analytical expertise
- Knowledge of campaign testing strategies utilized in direct online channels (email, mobile notifications, social)
- Ability and/or experience in driving focus in the organization from manual merchandising to automated/programmatic merchandising
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with all levels of management
- Professional, "get it done" attitude and work ethic
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.