Senior Manager, Product Marketing
About The Role
We are looking for an energetic, unstoppable Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead our Product Marketing team! Reporting into EVP of Marketing, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing how Yello brings new products and features to market. As the leader of the product marketing team, you will be responsible for communicating the features and benefits of our products through compelling storytelling and ensuring Product Marketing team members grow and flourish with the overall organization.
You will be expected to be an evangelist for Yello’s product set and its benefits. You will be at the center of the organization - partnering with many teams, but working most closely with leadership on Product, Sales, and Marketing. In partnership with key stakeholders, you will establish positioning and messaging, build product launch strategies, run and analyze product releases, oversee sales enablement content, and increase customer engagement through ongoing marketing programs.
Our ideal candidate will have industry expertise in HR Technology or experience working with SaaS companies. An attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems will be critical. Tracking performance and using data to prove what’s working and what isn’t will drive success.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead a team of Product Marketing and Enablement professionals.
- Oversee the creation of sales collateral and tools that align with the buying process and help move prospects & customers through the sales cycle.
- Manage marketing programs (e.g. product videos, website copy, customer case studies) that articulate the benefits and use cases of our products to drive qualified leads and engage customers.
- Perform competitive analyses to understand our competitor's positioning and messaging, as well as perceived strengths and weaknesses, and create effective positioning and messaging materials to improve Yello’s competitive advantage and differentiate us in the market.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product - to industry analysts, customers, and prospects.
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits
- Manage technical RFI/RFP inventories to provide deeper insight into the product when requested.
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years experience of product marketing experience with a proven track record of positioning, planning, supporting and executing successful product launches.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Product Management is especially important.
- Excellent managerial and project management skills.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- HR Tech industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in SAAS based software a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply problem-solving skills to business and technical challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time