Senior Manager, WBA Financial Communications & Media Relations at Walgreens
The Senior Manager of Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Financial Communications and Media Relations is responsible for managing the communication of all reportable company financial information for publicly traded, Fortune 19 WBA. The Senior Manager will support the WBA brand and its reputation as a global force for good and as a leader in shaping the future of healthcare, wellbeing and retail, by telling the WBA growth story on our performance, innovation and progress on strategic priorities across key markets. The Senior Manager will ensure a regular cadence of outreach to media and influencers around key themes, company news and trends to showcase the WBA global brand. The Senior Manager will coordinate with colleagues across division communications teams, corporate newsroom, leadership communications and employee communications departments.
- Works closely with investor relations, corporate finance, disclosure, legal, corporate strategy and other teams, to craft, coordinate and manage the communication of publicly reportable financial information for WBA.
- Provides strategic communications counsel and supports senior leadership on how best to communicate, position and frame the company’s business and financial results externally and internally.
- Manages communications around corporate governance issues and provides communications support for all investor and shareholder engagement, including investor conferences, annual shareholder meeting and annual reports to shareholders.
- Develops and executes media strategy and activities for generating news coverage on behalf of company strategic focus areas through the cultivation of media relationships and earned media.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the external market and identifies issues developing both internally and externally that have the potential to generate public interest and affect the WBA reputation.
- Manages communications strategy and execution for significant company business ventures, partnerships and strategic investments.
- Supports internal communications of the company’s financial and business performance, including across global internal leadership forums and venues.
- Manages internal and external communications support for various WBA Sr. executives, in partnership with WBA leadership communications department.
- Leverages multimedia and social media content as an important component of news stories. Ensures news-related global content is appropriately reflected and integrated across digital channels.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in media relations OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in media relations.
Knowledge of media, reporting methods and public relations strategies / tactics.
Experience writing and editing using the Associated Press stylebook and transforming complex subject matter into influential/persuasive language.
Effectively lead the planning, development and implementation of financial communciations for publicly traded companies or for client companies.
Experience representing an organization as an official spokesperson and strong verbal and written communication skills.
At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (domestic and international).
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Public Relations or related field and at least 5 years of experience in media relations.
Experience working across organizational boundaries.
Minimum of five years experience working in a press/media, public affairs, financial communications and/or political capacity
Media Relations experience in a healthcare or retail environment.