Senior Manager, WBA Global Financial Communications & Media Relations at Walgreens
At Walgreens, we like to be at the forefront of communicating our financial information to our internal and external stakeholders. Do you love taking on big challenges and providing counsel to senior leaders? Do you possess a deep knowledge of reportable financial information? If so, the Senior Manager, WBA Global Financial Communications & Media Relations is responsible for leading various aspects of company’s external and leader communications, with a primary focus on financial communications and media relations for publicly traded, Fortune 17 international company. Promote and protect the Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) brand and its reputation as a global force for good and as a leader in shaping the future of healthcare, wellbeing and retail, by telling the WBA growth story on our performance, innovation, and impact across key markets via earned, owned and paid media.
- This role will develop and execute strategic communications plans, effectively convey company positions and growth strategies in the market and before key audiences, work with broad enterprise team to defend and advance the company’s reputation and lead strategic business communication support. Working closely with the investor relations, corporate finance, disclosure, legal corporate strategy and other teams, this role crafts, coordinates and manages the communication of publicly reportable financial information for the Company.
- Responsible for managing communications around corporate governance issues and provides communications support for all investor and shareholder engagement, including investor conferences, annual shareholder meeting and annual reports to shareholders. Manage internal and external communications support for Investor Relations and Finance departments.
- Develop and manage international communications and media relations activities for Walgreens Boots Alliance, with a focus on markets and media where WBA is present outside the United States. This involves all external communications, including M&A, business development and executive announcements. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with international, national and trade journalists
Visit our Life at Walgreens page to see how our people are just as passionate, committed, empowered, rewarded and supported as ever before.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience working within and leading a communications function, OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience working within and leading a communications function.
- Experience managing executive positioning programs and providing strategic communications counsel and execution with company leadership.
- Experience developing and managing the execution of communications plans.
- Experiencing managing media relations and acting as spokesperson with media outlets and financial journalists.
- Experience working in an organization that has experienced significant change.
- Experience thriving in a constantly-changing, growth-focused environment.
- Experience managing financial communications and/or writing financial press releases for a public company.
- Experience working collaboratively across departments and lines of business.
- At least 2 years’ of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state/out of state/international).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Finance or related field and at least 8 years of experience working within and/or leading a communications function.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Business or Finance OR MBA
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing financial communications for a publicly-traded corporation.
- Experience in a global organization.
- Experience in BOTH external and internal communications functions.