Senior Marketing Analyst
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to add a Sr. Marketing Analyst to join its growing team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
We are searching for an individual that has experience in the Natural, Organic, Health & Wellness industry and will enable provide valuable insights and solutions to drive sales.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Do you have experience in grocery retail or with a consumer products manufacturer, working with data in a hands-on capacity, helping to identify drivers of success and opportunities? Are you looking for a way to put your analytical skills to use in a creative way as an analytically-inclined story teller? Are you passionate about health and wellness and natural foods?
SPINS, the leading consultant for Natural and Specialty retail, is looking for a Sr. Marketing Analyst to imbue its health and wellness marketing content and client communications with data-driven insight. Passion, grocery industry expertise, and the ability to self-direct to uncover actionable insights will be defining characteristics of a strong candidate. A proactive self-starter that will report directly into the VP of Marketing, you'll be responding to press requests, conducting analysis in retailer transaction data as well as shaping and contributing insights to marketing infographics, articles, speaking engagements, and client communications. You must be able to interpret and tell a story with data, be comfortable with self-guided analysis, and be willing to ideate on ways to supply valuable and actionable insight to our retailer and manufacturer partners.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- 3 - 5 years professional working experience
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field
- Experience working for or working with a Consumer Products Manufacturer or Grocery Retailer required, preferably in an insights role
- Experience analyzing retail data (loyalty card, point of sale, transaction log) preferred
- Demonstrated success in storytelling with data in relevant sectors including category management, assortment review, new item assessment, consumer needs assessment, business performance
- A passion for health and wellness and a working understanding of the Natural Products industry
- Experience with coding languages helps but is not required, as our tools are business user friendly