Senior Marketing Copywriter at Everspring
Our Marketing team is the voice of our university partner online programs. This is a team of visual thinkers, creative collaborators, storytellers and scrappy problem-solvers, each of whom is a champion for our partners and their students. We’re a passionate, high-performing team that delivers impactful educational products and services to our customers.
The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for developing marketing and editorial content that supports existing brand efforts, including blog posts, direct mailers, email campaigns, microsites and landing pages, admissions documents, social media content, posters, print and digital advertising campaigns, and sales presentations on behalf of Everspring and our university partners. This individual will need to visually collaborate with members of our design and implementation teams. An experienced leader who can mentor our team of copywriters. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to meet tight deadlines as needed.
This position reports directly to the Director, Internal Creative Agency within the Marketing department. The level of work is considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This position is located in Chicago, IL.
- Establish understanding of Everspring partners and their respective programs, markets, target customers and competitive advantages
- Develop effective copy that aligns with marketing strategy to support lead generation, nurturing and conversion across multiple marketing mediums (website, emails, paid media, admissions support materials, blog articles, social, etc.)
- Manage a team of copywriters and freelance writers
- Maintain a consistent track record of developing copy that produces new students and is well received by clients
- Updates and maintains brand style guides, tone and positioning
- Propose, create and implement new projects that help improve funnel conversion rates
- Post content directly to digital media (i.e. content management systems, social platforms, landing pages, etc.)
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Portfolio required to be considered for position
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in copywriting and content creation
- Prior managerial experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in AP Style
- Advanced copywriting and editing capabilities
- Must have strong attention to detail, including consistency in style and tone across multiple brands
- Demonstrate personal initiative and the ability to self-start upcoming projects
- Manage project timelines in a way that allows for necessary research and/or interviews before executing content development
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, including those in content development, design, acquisitions, learning and instructional design, admissions, client engagement and technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, pivoting as needed in response to changing priorities
- Ability to interpret feedback from partners, quality assurance analysts and marketing peers and execute accordingly, providing thoughtful deliverables that are on-target with project goals
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio that provides effective, brand aligned copywriting across multiple mediums
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.