Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively. This job is based out of the Chicago headquarters.
Echo is seeking a Sr. Marketing Manager who is strategic, analytical, and results-driven. Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing, the ideal candidate is also creative, collaborative, motivated, and a strong communicator with exceptional attention to detail. You will help support Echo's marketing strategy to drive product/solution adoption, usage, and engagement across internal and external product lines and various transportation solutions, with a high comfort level sourcing and analyzing data. You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Marketing and will work closely with the Product Marketing & Digital Marketing teams.
- Work closely with the SVP of Marketing and other stakeholders to conceive and execute on Marketing initiatives
- Support Marketing initiatives across solutions/modes (truckload, partial truckload, LTL, multi-modal, refrigerated, etc.) and develop digital and print advertising & communication strategies by mode
- Collaborate on public relations initiatives
- Oversee copywriting across all client and carrier communications
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role demonstrating increasing ownership
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the logistics industry preferred but not required
- Proven track record and expertise across a broad range of marketing including digital and print advertising, collateral development, copywriting, graphics, trade shows, and market segmentation.
- Outstanding communication skills, including strong writing abilities and proven experience in making complex subject matter accessible to a broader audience
- Prior experience withreward point programs such as through a hotel, airline, or credit card either B2B or B2C
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Highly collaborative with relationship-building work style
- Team player who works cohesively with all departments demonstrating a positive attitude and integrity
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic and very tactical levels
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Proven project management skills
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job currently operates in a hybrid office environment (currently remote but will be returning to the office with some flexibility as deemed safe based on CDC and local guidance). This role requires the use of a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.