Senior Principal Marketing Programs at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Acquisition Marketing department is the growth engine of the company, focusing on acquiring new Cardmembers, delivering award-winning customer experience and driving innovation. The Direct Mail team drives about 25% of new account growth annually and is a strategic focus area for the company. The candidate will play a leading role in our ongoing efforts to innovate within the pre-approved and invitation to apply direct mail channels for Cash, Student, Miles and Small Business products. We are looking for a customer focused, data-driven marketer who can optimize targeting, prospect segmentation, contact strategy and cross channel integration as well as lead strategic initiatives. The person needs to be analytically inclined to develop channel strategy leading to profitable, cost efficient account growth. A successful candidate will exhibit an eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for creating integrated customer experiences.
Responsible for the development and enhancement of products. Develops and directs product features, strategies, and marketing plans to drive business growth. Conducts market trend reviews and studies competitor activities to identify opportunities. Initiates product ideas, features, and benefits.
- Partner with Analytics and Modeling teams to refine targeting, explore new data sources, and improve response models.
- Optimize Acquisition account growth through cross-channel integration and contact strategy evolution including retargeting.
- Manages budgets and financial forecasts.
- Analyzes competitive strategies to maintain market share.
- Develops products to address unmet needs of customer segments. Validates products through research, analysis, and financial diligence to ensure profitability and growth potential.
- Creates roadmaps for products and processes. Designs products to create distinction and competitive advantage.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams to launch and implement marketing initiatives and new partnerships.
- Prepares and tracks financial performance and develops performance metrics.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Management, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Analytics or related field, including people management
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Management, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Analytics, Relationship Management or related field, including people management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Management, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Analytics or related field, including people management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.