Senior Product Marketer, Investment Management at Morningstar
Morningstar is committed to creating great products that help investors reach their financial goals. For the investors, institutions, and advisors who prefer to entrust their investment management decisions to us, we support them by delivering long-term investment results. The Global Product Marketing team strives to engage investors to invest or remain invested in our offerings by creating compelling stories that brings our investment philosophy to life through marketing content that is leveraged globally.
We seek to demystify investing through transparency and understanding of our core investment principles which drive every investment choice we make. We accomplish this through communications that balances openness and accessibility with authenticity and accuracy, while respecting the regulatory requirements and industry practices that define our market.
We are looking for a senior product marketer to join our investment management marketing squad. The successful candidate will collaborate with the channel and regional marketing managers to plan a variety of marketing campaigns, while managing the production process execution to ensure sales and distribution partners have the knowledge and tools required to promote the Morningstar Investment Management value proposition and philosophy.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for all elements of our product marketing functions – including product positioning and sales enablement. As an Investment Management product marketer, you will be helping us to better understand our products’ position in the market, our competitive landscape and the effectiveness of our sales collateral. Beyond these projects, your responsibilities will include establishing best practices around product launches, executing those launches, working across our sales, relationship management and channel marketing teams to lead the development of a full library of high quality sales enablement assets/tools, working with our product team to help meet market needs and the development of a customer research operation. To accomplish this, you’ll need to have strong communication skills, an analytical mindset, a love of product marketing, a passion for cross-functional collaboration and experience in a high performing product marketing group. You should love thinking strategically but get even more excited by rolling up your sleeves and producing a lot of high quality work. As we grow our marketing team, we are looking for an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong desire for building a team and implementing best practices.
- Business results – Actively seeks to drive business results by identifying opportunities to develop and strengthen our product marketing materials and messaging in accordance to client- and/or regional-specific requirements. Takes responsibility for creating and continuously improving product-specific marketing literature and sales tools.
- Positioning – Work with Channel Marketing, Product Management, and Investment Management teams to Craft clear value proposition and competitive positioning for Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM and other related services; Tailored per audience- advisor and end investor;
- Integrated marketing - Optimize materials for search and user experience for all content channels including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Sales enablement – Collaborate with the Director of Channel Marketing to develop and manage a range of product collateral leveraging content from our global investment thought leaders, ranging from one-page sales ideas to longer-form articles or brochures that are easy to understand consume by advisors and investors.
- Marketing assets & materials – Work with the channel, digital and design teams to develop external facing sales and marketing collateral for existing and new products.
- Product launches – develop go to market strategies of new product launches and updates, coordinate the cross-departmental marketing efforts of the release, and report on success of launch.
- Marketing analysis & competitive intelligence – work with Product and other Marketing teams to lead customer research, segment analysis, user personas, competitive analysis, and product positioning.
Technical Knowledge, skills, education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or product management
- Intuitive project manager with experience supporting a number of products across several segments and personas
- Demonstrated experience building go to market strategies and compelling sales enablement collateral
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- Confident self-starter with proven leadership and ability to work in matrix organization
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- BA/BS degree, MBA or master’s in communications or marketing a plus
- Investment product knowledge is helpful, not required; digital marketing or social media certifications a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.