Senior Product Marketing Manager, Software
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager for our Software Product Marketing team who deeply understands how the financial industry is digitally transforming their business operations to better serve their customers and to drive scale and efficiency. This person understands that change can be challenging and has worked with businesses before in upgrading their technologies from desktop (or on-premise) to the cloud. He/she can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our investment analysis cloud platforms into clear benefits for asset managers, advisors, and the clients they serve.
In partnership with our product management, sales and support teams, you’ll be responsible for crafting the strategy, positioning, messaging and marketing programs to facilitate our clients’ upgrade to the cloud. You will also collaborate with cross-functional marketing teams to execute and optimize multi-channel campaigns to illustrate these benefits, drive demand and influence sales pipeline for our portfolio of cloud products within client accounts. This role reports to the Head of Product Marketing, Software.
- Craft the segmentation, positioning and messaging for a successful go-to-market plan for existing clients upgrading to the Morningstar Cloud.
- Partner with our market research team to test positioning and messaging and to identify opportunities to refine them before going to market.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, sales, and support teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive successful upgrades for existing clients.
- Develop and refine sales enablement and client-facing assets to clearly outline the benefits of upgrading to the cloud and illustrate the milestones and program expectations to clients.
- Measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs quarterly and as requested with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
- Interact with clients in the development of testimonials and other materials to support integrated campaigns for our cloud portfolio.
- 8-10 years of product marketing experience in SaaS or software/technology firms.
- Track record of successfully leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and execute multi-channel marketing programs.
- Previous experience successfully developing and delivering product marketing strategies for upgrading clients from desktop/on-premise to SaaS/cloud applications.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development and participating in client engagements.
- Financial services software experience a plus.
- Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24, wikis, and Yammer, or similar.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity