Senior Product Marketing Manager at Root
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our newly formed Product Marketing team. In this role, you will be the Marketing SME and thought-partner on 2-4 Product teams helping accelerate Root’s growth through strategic and affiliate partners. You will work with the cross-functional team to identify and attract new business partners, and collaborate with our partners to maximize customer acquisition and unlock incremental opportunities for Root. You will need outstanding holistic B2B2C marketing and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to independently lead strategic positioning efforts, develop consumer-centric product, marketing and communications recommendations, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to execute the roadmap.
Reports to Sr Manager, Product Marketing with a dotted line to VP, Business Development and GM, Root Enterprise. This position is full-time, on-site only. (Currently working remote.)
What you'll do.
- You’ll be the Marketing SME at the table with Product, Design, Sales, Account Management, Analytics, and Engineering at every phase of product development, and you’ll partner with your Marketing, agency, and Creative peers to refine your recommendations and execute the Marketing components of the product roadmap to achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Explore: Leverage (and gather) insights to identify market opportunities. Bring key consumer and Root Marketing insights and learnings to the forefront of team discussions. Understand the broader internal and external consumer/customer context so you can ask good questions and help push the thinking. Act as a voice of the consumer and be a steward of the Root brand. Partner with Product teams to influence the roadmap.
- Plan: Identify required marketing and communication support for Product initiatives and opportunities to bridge to larger Marketing priorities, pulling in other Marketing support as needed. Recommend value propositions, consumer/customer experiences and cross-channel marketing strategies, balancing customer, partner and Root benefits with cost and resource needs. Straddle the line of art and science, strategically considering ways to iteratively test, measure, and optimize the user experience (A/B & multivariate).
- Execute: Identify all relevant Marketing and agency stakeholders and collaboratively refine the Marketing action plan. Author creative briefs and work side-by-side with B2B marketing agency, Product Design and Marketing Creative to create and deliver assets as needed across lead generation and nurturing, website, customer communications, public relations, social, customer service, etc. Manage projects and timelines to deliver launches on time and with high quality.
- Analyze: Establish Marketing KPIs for each program and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve business performance over the life of the partnership. Continuously optimize ROI over time through rapid experimentation and iteration.
What will help you be successful.
- Ability to independently lead strategic positioning efforts. Able to think strategically but also execute with strong writing skills and an understanding of holistic marketing planning and execution.
- Passion for driving business results, with expertise in designing highly effective (and efficient) multi-channel, integrated B2B lead generation, as well as consumer acquisition and lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Expert collaborator and leader who thrives in cross-functional/matrixed environments. Able to easily context switch based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders to achieve alignment.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to organize and coordinate multiple stakeholders to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative teams, with an ability to translate business marketing plans into clear and actionable creative requests.
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing. Able to independently analyze data, as well as partner with Analysts and Data Scientist to uncover deeper insights.
- 5+ years of experience launching and scaling B2B programs, as well as partner-driven customer acquisition. Comfortable getting your hands dirty and implementing programs from start-to-finish.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field. MBA or graduate degree preferred
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us