Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be in a lead role of a small but mighty team with access to key leaders and areas of the business. You’ll work with partners across the organization to develop and launch new product features and initiatives and ensure we deliver a consistent, customer-centered experience. We’re looking for a strategic customer advocate who thinks deeply about how to improve customer experiences and enjoys working with diverse partners to execute complex projects. If you are hungry to define and own product marketing strategy for key initiatives and products in a cross-functional, high-impact role, then this job is for you.Your Responsibilities:
- Drive customer analysis and research to gain expertise and insights that can be used to influence product decisions and represent the voice of the customer internally
- Define and run comprehensive go-to-market strategy and planning including positioning, communication of value proposition and launch strategy
- Develop impactful messaging and communications through research and qualitative feedback
- Work with colleagues across product, design, customer support, community, operations, and marketing to drive consistent user experience and communication
- Engage with the sales team to ensure they are informed and equipped to deliver consistent messaging and products to the right customer
- Lead and influence others to make customer-centered, data-backed decisions
- Substantial cross-functional, customer-centric experience in product marketing
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills (a writing sample is required)
- Background working with marketplaces or experience in talent industry
- Ability to handle large and complex projects where you get everything from the big picture to the details right
- Experience conducting user research, including qualitative interviews and developing and fielding quantitative surveys
- Strategist who is comfortable with problem framing and implementing strategic business recommendations
- Upbeat, can-do attitude to take on whatever challenge is thrown your way
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.