What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making — from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data with integrated open source tools. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
About the role
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you will work across the company to support Civis's go-to-market strategy. You will be responsible for product messaging, positioning, and competitive insights. You’ll also lead the execution of product launches and marketing programs that support Civis’s business development team and drive software revenue.
- Be the go-to expert on our buyers and leverage that expertise to develop and manage buyer personas that span multiple products and verticals
- Equip all customer-facing and product roles with competitive intelligence that strengthens their ability to deepen product-market fit
- Partner with product and customer-facing teams to ensure the messaging and positioning of our products create competitive advantages and drive demand and adoption of our products
- Identify, develop and manage the creation of sales and marketing assets (written, videos, or presentations) that close deals
- Partner with product to create a continuous feedback loop across market trends and competitive factors which shapes and influences our product vision and strategy
- Execute product launches that accelerate demand and adoption of our products
- BA/BS degree in related field such as business, marketing or communications
- 4+ years of experience building and executing go-to-market strategies for B2B/SaaS products
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to translate technical concepts into understandable content
- Proven track record of collaboration across product, marketing, and sales teams
- Experience positioning products with multiple stakeholders across different industries
- Experience working in the consumer, nonprofit/advocacy, or government sectors
- Experience building a product marketing function from the ground up
- Familiarity with the business intelligence/analytics/data science landscape
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW